Netflix has launched in France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, and Luxembourg. Are you a new Netflix user? Here is everything we have written about Netflix, including how to stream 4K.
See FlatpanelsHD's list of TV, monitor, and streaming boxes recommendations. The list is updated regurlarly. Last update: August 7, 2014.
Sony, Sharp and Philips are on the bandwagon and will release TVs based on Android TV in 2015. Android TV combines streaming services, apps, and a game console in one platform. It will also be available in small TV streamer boxes.
The TV industry is already pushing for Ultra HD / 4K, which is the next step after Full HD. But what does it actually mean for our TVs, media boxes, movies and games? FlatpanelsHD explains why Ultra HD is important and why there is much more to it than just higher resolution.
FlatpanelsDK
You are here: Forum - TVs - Post

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 07:06 

I bought this tv a few weeks ago and took it back because it was flickering, most obvious in the blacks. I took it back and got the same tv. It does the same think. The eco sensor is off and the energy save mode is off. Its driving me crazy. Can someone please help me solve thisi really love the tv and dont want to switch brands but am going to if i cant solve this issue. Did i seriously get two defective tvs in a row or is this just a plasma thing. This is my first plasma. I have played with every setting i can find and cant get it to stop flickering. It does it on my samsung bluray player and when i play dvds on my xbox and when i watch tv. It is most obvious when there are bars on the top and bottom. Please help.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 12:38 

Are you referring to pixel noise? This is a common problem on all plasma TVs - espcially in the dark grey areas of images.

It happens because plasma TVs are not able to reproduce shades of dark grey (and other dark colors). Instead manufacturers use a dithering method where new colors are created from existing ones.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]