TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By awhitey44
Hi to all,
came across the forum whilst researching faults for my panel and was hoping for some constructive solutions. Basically I purchased a es8000 second hand from gumtree, when i arived at the fellas house the tv was off - but to be fair he had just got home from work so didnt suspect a thing, spent 30mins or so with the tv - did the picture test etc. got home and set it up and wtihin a coupe of hours a thin yellow line on the right hand side running to pto bottom approx 1" from the side. Gutted isnt the word. Fella wont asnwer his phone I contacted samsung who told me they want £!20 to diagnose and then im possibly looking at new panel. which i can only presume takes it to £500+. anyone any ideas for a fix or alternative solutions instead of going to manufacturer out of warranty.
Also lastly is it something thatill get worse over time and will extra lines appear???

thanks

Andy
By Rasmus Larsen
The lines are often caused by a a faulty panel or controller board.

Is it visible on all inputs (TV, HDMI etc)? If so, there's a good chance that it is there to stay, sorry.