TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By wirk
I figured out that 40" 4K TV would not be too big as computer monitor if it has narrow bezel and is positioned properly in such a way that bezel touches the desk (this requires desk with recess which I have).

But there are several issues with using 4K TV as computer monitor:

1. Graphics card which supports 4K and has HDMI 2.0 output is required. This is now solved with Nvidia GTX 970 and 980 cards.

2. The PC input of the TV must support not only HDMI 2.0 but also 4:4:4 mode. This is confusing issue since it is only partially clear which TVs support it, for example the new Panasonic 40" 4K is claimed not supporting by some while others says that it supports 4:4:4. Some people even say that it supports after firmware upgrade.

3. The TV panel should rather have wide viewing angle since when using as computer monitor the angle a the panel edge will be quite big.

4. Low input lag and good motion properties are needed by gamers.

5. HDCP 1.2 support might be desirable for future encrypted content.

I looked which 40" 4K TVs are available and there are 4 models, some of them are very new:

Samsung 40" HU6900
LG 40UB800V
Panasonic TX-40AX630B
Philips 40PUS6809

Now a 1000€ question is which of those TVs would be best a computer monitor if one counts the above issues :?

Maybe Rasmus could help by testing the TVs?