TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
How would you compare the glare reduction on both these top end units from Sony? In your reviews, the A1E has Star Wars playing on it, while the Z9D is off. I'm thinking brightness still plays a key to where the Z9D is going to win, but the OLED technology is dreamy. I don't know if I'll like the A1E if all I'm staring at are objects of windows & recessed lighting.
By Rasmus Larsen
There is only one layer in an OLED panel, which helps reduce reflections. There are several layers in the LCD sandwich in which reflections can bounce around. When thinking about reflections in display panels I think it is important to keep in mind that there reflections can do two things.
1) Make windows, lighting etc. visible
2) Cause drop in contrast as reflections are bounced between layers

The latter is mostly dictated by how many layers are in the panel. Plasma TVs tended to suffer mainly from number 2. Number 1 relates more to how glossy the surface is.

DisplayMate has taken some scientific measurements of the reflectance levels on high-end OLED and LCD panels. Raymond Soneira found that OLED has the lowest reflectance in all of his four categories: http://www.displaymate.com/TV_OLED_LCD_ShootOut_1.htm
The A1 definately outperforms the ZD9 in terms of reflections. But in brightly lit rooms with light hitting the TV (but why would you want to place your TV in such a spot?) the ZD9 has a better chance of overcoming this in bright areas (but not in dark ones).