Topic: Smart TVs, smart devices, and TV apps
By Cameldriver
Hi

Can anyone tell me what the Samsung Type code meens?

Exsample: UE40ES6905U

I have Come this far to crack the code:
First two letters: I got no idear.
Next two numbers: Panel size
Next one ore more letters: I got no idear.
Next number: Must be the series.
Next 3 numbers: I got no idear.
The letters hereafter: I got no idear.
By Rasmus Larsen
UE says that it is a LED type LCD (PS means it is a plasma).

First two numbers indicate panel size, yes.

Next two letters (F= 2013, ES = 2012, D = 2011, C = 2010, B = 2009 and A = 2008)

Next four numbers indicate series yes. In this case we are talking about a 6-series TV and the 5 at the end of the 4-digit number indicate that you are looking at a Nordic model.

The last letters are just indicators use to either differentiate country variants or shop variants (or some feature variants). Don't mind these. They are irrelevant (for example, UE40ES6905U and UE40ES6905 without "U" are identical). Some stores use the last letter, most avoid it.
By Cameldriver
Thank You Rasmus

If I understand You correctly its:

XX = Panel type: LED, Plasma
## = Panel Size (32 = 32", 46 = 46" and so on)
X ore XX = Year code (F= 2013, ES = 2012, D = 2011, C = 2010, B = 2009 and A = 2008)
# = Series (5 = Series 5, 6 = Series 6 and so on)
### = World area code
xxxxxx = dos'nt matter.

But I would like to be sure that i get the right World area code for Denmark ore Scandinavia.
The stores around here have all kinds of World area codes.

P.S. Do you know why my question is in the English Forum? I made my profil in the Danish Forum. Do to Your name I presume that you are Danish to.
By Rasmus Larsen
Yeah, I'm from Denmark. We are running a Danish version called FlatpanelsDK and this English version called FlatpanelsHD :-)

Yes, you are pretty much on route.

The only thing that I should comment on is this:
# = Series (5 = Series 5, 6 = Series 6 and so on)
### = World area code

Actually, the first three numbers is the series number. Only the last number is the world area code (and sometimes the next letter is also country specific. There is no 100 % clear pattern here).

So it would look more like this:
### = Series (5 = Series 5, 6 = Series 6 and so on)
# = World area code

The series number is often, for the 6 series, 650# (where # is often one more zero or in the case of the Nordic a 5). But there are also variants in the 6 series so you might also encounter 660#, 610#, and so on.

All Nordic countries use 5 as the area code. Swedish, Danish and Norwegian Samsung TVs are identical. You just select the language in the start-up menu.