Topic: Smart TVs, smart devices, and TV apps
It turns out to be pretty lame that you cannot record one thing while watching another, so I'm looking for a solution to enable this.

Can I buy and retrofit a second tuner on the ES8005?

Does the evolution kit provide a second tuner or is that processing power and software alone?

I also have a Synology NAS (DS1010), so my second option would be to get an USB tuner for that. Any recommendations for this? I have a YouSee cable subscription, so will probably need something with a CI-slot for the smart-card in order to get access to everything digitally.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!
No, the Evolution Kit only updates the Smart TV features, not the tuners.

Your only option to add twin tuner functionality would be to buy a set-top box (with twin tuner capabilities) and connect it via HDMI. Since you have YouSee all TV channels are sent unencrypted so you don't need a CAM in the CI slot.
Rasmus Larsen wrote:No, the Evolution Kit only updates the Smart TV features, not the tuners.
Ok, thanks!
Rasmus Larsen wrote:Your only option to add twin tuner functionality would be to buy a set-top box (with twin tuner capabilities) and connect it via HDMI. Since you have YouSee all TV channels are sent unencrypted so you don't need a CAM in the CI slot.
I think you still need it to decode the HD channels. If I remove the card from the TV then I get access denied when trying to watch any of them. And without the card inserted correctly, the auto-tuner didn't find any digital channels, although that could just have been me doing something wrong.. but of course, I don't think so ;)