A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By satoliver
Good afternoon and congratulations on your analysis.
I have great doubt among the two TVs you've analyzed: 46 Samsung B7020 or 46 Panasonic G10. My use is:
80%-DVB-T and DVD
20% HD (MKV)
What the two do you recommend?
Thank you very much
By Rasmus Larsen
jiopsi wrote:The powerconsumption and contrast figures are from W5500 review?
Woops, sorry about that. I have changed it now. The black and brightness numbers were right but not the contrast ratio.
The power consumption was 100 % wrong. It has been fixed now. But check out how few Watts the 46-inch B7070 consumes.

I see that I also had some Danish writing in the tables. This has been fixed as well. Damn that copy and paste function. :)
satoliver wrote:Good afternoon and congratulations on your analysis.
I have great doubt among the two TVs you've analyzed: 46 Samsung B7020 or 46 Panasonic G10. My use is:
80%-DVB-T and DVD
20% HD (MKV)
What the two do you recommend?
Thank you very much
Based on picture quality I recommend the G10. It has better picture quality and when 80 % is SD and DVD it's a wise choice.

Also, the trailing on the B7000 is critical in my opinion.
By satoliver
Thank you very much for your prompt response.
in the spanish forums report problems with the management of moving images and flicker in panels G10, have you found your issues in your evidence?
By Rasmus Larsen
There are some different G10 versions. I don't know about the Spanish models but here in Scandinavia we have the G10 version that has a 4:4 pull down system meaning that 24p signals runs at 96 Hz. On some G10 models, 24p only runs at 48 Hz which provokes flickering.

I have also seen reports on juddering (management of moving images) around. Our sample had no juddering, however.

We have also discussed this in the G10 thread. Read more here :) : http://www.flatpanelshd.com/flatforums/ ... p?f=5&t=24
By chrisbati
Thanks a lot for these complete review.
I love this set just seeing it on a wall.
But I can't choose between these 3: sony w5500, samsung B750 and B7000.
Which has the best picture quality, SD and HD signal.
Could you help me choosing ?

B7000 is superb but it seems to have contrast problem. Did you try new firmware ? Did you turn off the auto dimming in the secret menu ?

Thanks for help !

Chrisbati
By Rasmus Larsen
chrisbati wrote:Thanks a lot for these complete review.
I love this set just seeing it on a wall.
But I can't choose between these 3: sony w5500, samsung B750 and B7000.
Which has the best picture quality, SD and HD signal.
Could you help me choosing ?

B7000 is superb but it seems to have contrast problem. Did you try new firmware ? Did you turn off the auto dimming in the secret menu ?

Thanks for help !

Chrisbati
Samsung B7000 I think but the trailing issue tarnishes the experience. If you don't see the trailing then it doesn't matter but personally I cannot abstract from it.

No I didn't try the new firmware. My set had the dimming problem but it seems that the new firmware fixes this. I recommend you to do it as it is annoying. :)
By chrisbati
Thanks.
And Imagine that there's no trailing problem, is the samsung B7000 a top recommendation ?
Better than panasonic V10 or Samsung B850 in your opinion ?

Thanks