A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Rasmus Larsen
I think the ST60 is actually a step forward compared to your GT30. It still has most of the same great picture characteristics, but has even deeper blacks. The front filter might not be as good. I can't recall which filter the GT30 used.
By barriwhite
Rasmus,

Great review. It's also the first I've come across that acknowledges the dithering problem in a detailed and honest way.

I bought a ST60 based on other reviews, without being aware of this being inherent to plasma technology and without spending enough time in store to notice it.

Since I couldn't find anything about it online (it seems many plasma adopters chose to deny dithering even exists!) I was thinking my unit could be defective. Since I can't easily return the tv, being Canadian and having bought it in the US, let's just say I wasn't too happy about the lack of information on the matter.

Now knowing it's probably "normal", I think I'll be able to live with it, especially since it's not visible from my normal 9 feet watching distance.

However, would you have settings to recommend to minimize dithering?

Thanks!
By Rasmus Larsen
Hi barriwhite

Yeah, I have noticed that, too. Many reviewers seem to just have accepted it, and seems to ignore it. In my opinion it is a significant issue, and oftentimes I also notice it myself when gaming on plasma TVs. I often sit relatively close to the TV when gaming on the PS3 :)

Unfortunately there is no way to really minimize it. It has to be solved on a panel technology level, so it is a job for Panasonic's engineers.
By Whatamada
Hey Rasmus and a merry christmas!

Since it´s the holidays I´m about looking for a new TV in all of the sales.
I own a Panasonic G30, which actually surprised me since it has great picture for almost nothing in money.

My question to you is if there´s a significant improvement in the ST60 contra my G30?
Or should I just spring for the VT60, it´s still €400 more for the VT.

Best regards,
Ulf