A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Lundmark
I agree with much of what you wrote in the review. Color reproduction and blacks are indeed amazing. I'm happy to see that there's a more natural color setting. I found colors to be great, but very unnatural when I tested this TV in a store.

I also agree that the curvature is useless. It makes wall-mounting impossible and is a typical example of a feature implemented solely because it's now technically feasible. I expect this to go away once OLED goes mainstream.

The plastic base indeed looks like crap and ruins what is else an elegantly designed TV. I also don't understand why they bothered with speakers: I do understand that the mainstream doesn't care about sound and so won't bother getting a home theatre, but then again this TV is (at its current price) not mainstream.

I did think a lot about the flat version of this TV, but I ultimately decided on a Beovision 11. Not because of image quality, because I believe this OLED TV is even better, but because ultimately this TV doesn't fix any of the issues I have with most (almost all) other TVs on the market: namely, cheap build, poor UIs, crappy remotes and useless sound. This TV changes none of that, but I do agree that the actual image quality is fantastic and I'm glad you reviewed it.
By Rasmus Larsen
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Lundmark.
I also don't understand why they bothered with speakers: I do understand that the mainstream doesn't care about sound and so won't bother getting a home theatre, but then again this TV is (at its current price) not mainstream.
LG will release a new variant of the OLED TV this spring. Same plastic base, but without the speakers (weaker speakers on the back side instead). They say that it will be s
cheaper.
namely, cheap build, poor UIs, crappy remotes and useless sound. This TV changes none of that, but I do agree that the actual image quality is fantastic and I'm glad you reviewed it.
Amen
By bni
Hi,

Do the new OLED TVs such as this LG use dithering to build up the picture (like plasma)?

Can you see the dithering "noise" when sitting close to the screen, or in a very dark room?
By Rasmus Larsen
No, there is no noticeable dithering on LG's OLED TV. Not in the dark shades, either.