A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By craigyy
Hi there, the 50" version of this is edge lit, how much of a difference would this make and would you still recommend it?
By Rasmus Larsen
craigyy wrote:Hi there, the 50" version of this is edge lit, how much of a difference would this make and would you still recommend it?
We haven't had a chance to compare side-by-side but I would suspect that it has a bit more clouding/bleeding, and that black levels could be a tad worse (if it has clouding). On the plus side it would be thinner and power consumption would be slightly lower.

I would still recommend it (unless it turns out to have major clouding issues,)
By westa6969
After reading your findings twice I simply cannot fathom ANY Award bring given to this TV - let alone Panasonic has earned the MIA Award in N. America with having Press Events but nothing but two lousy inferior 1080P budget LCD's on Display. I understand perhaps you can audition them in Europe but here they are nearly non-existent and they expect us to buy their flagships sight unseen. It is no wonder Samsung has garnered the huge market share here as they spend a fortune setting up Experience Centers in Best Buy's throughout the US and Panasonic remains MIA with NOTHING in the Mag Centers where all Flagships Compete. You'd think they were bankrupt or so arrogant that they cannot afford marketing/distribution/display in the uS and instead live off Press Events. This is like Auto Companies trying to sell cars without a consumer dealer market to audition/service. BMW, Mercedes, Lexus et al are not so arrogant to think they can compete without a dealer market for CONSUMERS.

Panasonic remains MIA in USA for 2014 and 2015 unless one considers a website buy as is approach with no audition on a product that one's EYE's must approve of before the wallet comes out. Highly Recommended? That is a joke in the USA Rasmus and if you think I'm wrong get on a plane and try to find one to audition and buy outside Press Events!

I saw nothing unique or special in your findings that was deserving of a Highly Recommended Award except for lack of Manufacturer samples reviewed in 2015. Read the anticipation threads of their Flagships at AVSForum that have been running since 2014 and then CES and remain MIA for consumer audition while you walk into the largest chain Best Buy and they have two mundane budget Panasonics that blend into the other OK <$800 product line.

Panasonic gets the MIA Highly Likely Product Line to go out of Business in N. America.
By Dexter
Hi there, will you review the CX750?
By Lake-end
Seems like a very nice TV from Panasonic. Could you also test 4:4:4 chroma?

What would you say are the main selling points in favor of the CX800 series compared to this CX700? I am having hard time waiting for the release of CX800 in Europe.
By Rasmus Larsen
westa6969 wrote:After reading your findings twice I simply cannot fathom ANY Award bring given to this TV
It's a good TV at a good price. That is what we take into consideration.

But I agree with you that Panasonic's US operations are poor at the moment. It seems that after plasma TVs were phased out, most retailer contracts were cancelled. I'm honestly not sure what is going on but they assure us that the 2015 TVs will be available in the US soon.
By Rasmus Larsen
PeterMac wrote:55CX700 has horizontal zones or vertical, this black level 0,04cd is from ANSI ? without any local dimming on ?
We did not spot any horizontal or vertical lines during tests. Yes, we always use ANSI patterns for contrast measurements. Local dimming was off.

I also took some measurements with local dimming on but there was no change on an ANSI pattern.
By Rasmus Larsen
marcuslaw wrote:Were you able to determine whether this set utilizes any chroma subsampling?
I'm not sure I fully understand the question. Chroma subsampling is used as a color compression method on players and streaming. Do you mean for 4K PC signals?
By Rasmus Larsen
Lake-end wrote:Seems like a very nice TV from Panasonic. Could you also test 4:4:4 chroma?

What would you say are the main selling points in favor of the CX800 series compared to this CX700? I am having hard time waiting for the release of CX800 in Europe.
From the review ;)
"Unfortunately we do not yet have a PC in the testing room that can output 4K at 60Hz so we cannot confirm if the TV can reproduce full RGB 4:4:4 4K at 60Hz."

Sorry, we need to upgrade our hardware first.

I have seen the CX800 a couple of times already. It is a different beast. It has real local dimming and supports HDR. It also has a 10-bit panel.
By craigyy
I got the 50Cx700 and very happy with it still, colours are brilliant!
I was deciding between this and the CX802 as its called in the UK, but the other half wouldn't let me spend the extra for the 802 :(
In the UK they don't include the smart remote in the box (I would imagine to cut costs) Do you know the model number for the remote in case I do want to get it in the future to make the most of firefox os?
Thanks
By Ray
Any chance to find out input lag of 40" version, 40cx700? I'm in a specific situation and 42" is maximum for my setup.

I cant find it anywhere, maybe you can do it for me? :D

PS: Very good reviews, thanx for doing all this
By Antonius
i need a tv soon as my current tv died and im currently using my pc monitor as the main tv.
im considering on either getting the cx700a or the cx740a.
any suggestions? i know one is a va panel and the other is an ips, the ips (cx740a) has a bmr of 1000hz where as the va (cx700a) has a bmr of 800hz.

i will either get a 50" or 55" but most likely 50"

which one should i get?????

the reason im not looking at a cx800a is i cant get my hands on one and when the new 2016 line up becomes available for example the new dx900 ill move my current tv to the bedroom.

please help??? cx700 or cx740

also are any of these models 10bit or is that just for the cx800a?