A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Lake-end
Hi, could you please test the 4:4:4 chroma compatibility, its major picture quality factor for us who want to attach a PC into the TV?

Also eagerly waiting for CX800 review, keep up the good work :)
Stevienet wrote:I've seen the 40" version of the CX680 on sale for below £700.
Would the benefits of a 4K picture able to be seen on a smaller screen size?
I think 40" is simply to small to get the benefits of 4K, but on the other hand is lets you input 4K signals = a better source. My advice is to buy a larger TV. You will not regret it :)
Lake-end wrote:Hi, could you please test the 4:4:4 chroma compatibility, its major picture quality factor for us who want to attach a PC into the TV?

Also eagerly waiting for CX800 review, keep up the good work :)
Unfortunately we can't test 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 RGB yet. Our PC is not capable :( We are considering an upgrade but we might wait for Oculus Rift to launch.
By George
Hello and thank you for the review! I wonder if you could help me decide if I should change my 48AS640 for a 50CX680.
My as640 has two problematic pixels in the middle of the screen and panasonic will change it again for me.
They have ready to give a 50CX680, otherwise I'll wait for a new AS640 to come. Should go for cx680 or stay on as640?

The reasons thinking to stay on as640 are
1. as640 IFC works really good (no artifacts or SOE) and I sometimes like it on movies, plus motion clarity,
2. I am worried about 50cx680 backlight uniformity (edge lit) because many times I do shut off all lights when watching a movie. as640 is really good (no clouding, bleeding at all)
3. No 3D (I barely watch 3D so not much of an issue, but it's good to be there)
4. 4k: my line or my PC can't handle it so I don't know when I'll use it natively. Most of the time 720p 1080p movies and games is what I use.

Any help appreciated !!!
What I really care about is picture quality especially on 1080 and SD content that I watch. Smart utilities, 4k streaming and stuff they're nice but I care more for watching TV, movies and playing games!!!
By fer
hi, i read your review. very helpful!
i have one question: i see the contrast ratio of cx700 and cx600 line; the cx6 have better contrast ratio than cx7 (cx6 4400:1 cx7 3600:1), so black color are better than the cx7?
i want to buy a new 55" and i don't use 3d, so only based on picture quality is better to buy cx6 for his price or cx7?
thanks in advance :)