A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By dabbihelga
Does anybody know if this tv or in fact any tv can output DTS or Dobly surround through ARC HDMI channel?
I have heard in other reviews that this tv only outputs sterio witch is pretty useless for Netflix etc..
By Torben Rasmussen
The TV outputs 5.1 through SPDIF, so I would be very surprised if it shouldn't do at least the same with ARC. I don't have anything that I can pass the ARC signal into, so I didn't have a chance to test it out during my review.
By MortenNorseth
Thank you for a good review,

A lot of people seem to be happy with this tv according to different forums and review sites such as Amazon, however there are mainly two problems that are noticed upon in multiple places:

3D crosstalk and bending of the frame on top of tv (both are with the 65" version)

The bending problem seems to occur mainly when the tv is warm, i.e. has been turned on for a few hours.

You said that in your review that you did not try 3D, would it be possible that you could reconsider if you could get hold of a pair of glasses..? This is a big selling point of the tv as many buyers that want 3D (including myself) are running out of options and this tv seems almost perfect in every other way.

Could you comment on this please? Again, thank you!
By dabbihelga
Torben Rasmussen wrote:The TV outputs 5.1 through SPDIF, so I would be very surprised if it shouldn't do at least the same with ARC. I don't have anything that I can pass the ARC signal into, so I didn't have a chance to test it out during my review.
Ok no problem and by the way thanks for a great review.

I am asking because I have a 2013 model of a Sony that outputs arc with sterio, maybe sombody in the wild can answer that question :)
By Rasmus Larsen
stefan.dimitrov wrote:In this reviews the input lag is around 50ms. Why is the difference? Is it a lottery to get unit like yours?

http://www.hdfever.fr/2016/04/07/test-sony-xd93/
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/kd65xd93 ... 034267.htm
http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-kd-6 ... ew-summary
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x930d
New firmware maybe? I can't say for sure. I know that at least a few of these other reviewers use the Leo Bodnar tester, as do we.
By stefan.dimitrov
The reviewers which i've asked about the disparity in input lag measurements does not give a clear answer either. Leo Bodnar tester has 1080p output, so what about 4k input signal? Is there any difference in the input lag between ''HDMI enhanced mode'' and the regular one?
By Rasmus Larsen
stefan.dimitrov wrote:The reviewers which i've asked about the disparity in input lag measurements does not give a clear answer either. Leo Bodnar tester has 1080p output, so what about 4k input signal? Is there any difference in the input lag between ''HDMI enhanced mode'' and the regular one?
I'm not sure but I guess 4K input lag is higher. Still, no game consoles are capable of outputting 4K so for now it is not a major concern, I guess. Hopefully Leo Bodnar will release a 4K version in due time.
By Torben Rasmussen
MortenNorseth wrote:Thank you for a good review,

A lot of people seem to be happy with this tv according to different forums and review sites such as Amazon, however there are mainly two problems that are noticed upon in multiple places:

3D crosstalk and bending of the frame on top of tv (both are with the 65" version)

The bending problem seems to occur mainly when the tv is warm, i.e. has been turned on for a few hours.

You said that in your review that you did not try 3D, would it be possible that you could reconsider if you could get hold of a pair of glasses..? This is a big selling point of the tv as many buyers that want 3D (including myself) are running out of options and this tv seems almost perfect in every other way.

Could you comment on this please? Again, thank you!
I missed your last comment, but as we ship the TV back before our review is published we can't do re-testing of any kind.
By Bigpest2724
Hi
I love this tv but I've read that in the review about the off angle dse....that's my only complaint about this set...what appears to be a thin dse line just to the right of the screen...any idea what causes this? I've spent hours researching it but your review is the only one that's mentioned it...it's great square on! Any help is appreciated as it's annoyed me since I got it... cheers