A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By pgice
Great!
Even more information about HDR here
not just information about the tv.

But i think that line from 0-100 you talked about should be renamed to "contrast" instead of dynamic range.
in some ways contrast and dynamic range are the same but in some cases they are not linked.

A tv can have 0 blacks (OLED) but still lacks dynamic range and microcontrast.
lost details and colors near black and reduced brightness in the highlights reduces the dynamic range.

Microcontrast differs alot from tv to tv.
you can call microcontrast the upper end of HDR (highlights) and how well they are detailed and lit up.

The funny thing is from several side by side comparisions i have done over the years is that no TV (OLEDs included) can touch the level of microcontrast that the PIoneer 9G KUROs can produce.
so in a way you can say that the KUROs already have a part of the HDR effect native on the panels.
they pushes SDR further than other tvs.

i wish there was a testpattern to measure dynamic range and microcontrast but there is not
you need to look at real content and compare it to a reference monitor.

One cheap ;) tip is to buy the Sony Pro OLED monitor to use with your reviews.
then you know how it should look :)
By Rasmus Larsen
We still have a Pioneer Kuro from the last generation. Except for the Pro monitors, it was the best Kuro available. Unfortunately, while still a great TV black levels have worsened visibly over time.

But it is surely too bad that Pioneer stopped making TVs :(
By mamilia
Thank you for the useful review! What about vertical banding? Have you noticed any problems with the 65DX750?
By Rasmus Larsen
Our test pattern revealed very minor vertical bands in gradients but I spotted no issues during real use.