A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By sblantipodi
no one bought this monitor?
I want to buy on this temptative monitor, really cool but what about color shifting?

Is really a nightmare when normally sitting in front of the monitor like many people say about PVA panel?
By sblantipodi
I want to thanks with Rasmus for this great site and for his awesome reviews.
THanks.

Rasmus from your calibrated graph I can't see big deviations in blu hue as you sayed,
the blu bar in the barchart seems to stay on the green zone, no large deviations is seen.
where I'm wrong?

Do you think that this problem will damage a lot the color accuracy?

Why you don't tested also the sRGB spectrum?
May I use your suggested AdobeRGB parameter also with the sRGB colorspace?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Davide.
By Thierry
Hello and thank you for the great reviews and articles!

Searching for an all-rounder monitor mainly dedicated to be used for both office and TV usage (+ little gaming), I discovered the FX2431 which seems to have outstanding features (PIP, 340° rotation, good scaler, deinterlacer & no juddering, good contrast, good speakers, HDMI, 24", 1200 v. pixels, etc.)

However, this monitor is not of the "youngest". I would like to know:
How does it compares to todays monitors (*VA & IPS) ?

In particular, how does it compare to the Asus PA238Q (or PA246Q) and to the FS2331/32 ?
Considering my situation, would you advise me some other monitor?

Thank you so much!
By sblantipodi
Thierry wrote:Hello and thank you for the great reviews and articles!

Searching for an all-rounder monitor mainly dedicated to be used for both office and TV usage (+ little gaming), I discovered the FX2431 which seems to have outstanding features (PIP, 340° rotation, good scaler, deinterlacer & no juddering, good contrast, good speakers, HDMI, 24", 1200 v. pixels, etc.)

However, this monitor is not of the "youngest". I would like to know:
How does it compares to todays monitors (*VA & IPS) ?

In particular, how does it compare to the Asus PA238Q (or PA246Q) and to the FS2331/32 ?
Considering my situation, would you advise me some other monitor?

Thank you so much!
Eizo FS series is good but is cPVA and is not good for all rounding due beause cPVA are too slow for all rounding.
Are you comparing an Eizo to an Asus? :)

go for the FX2431, it is a massive monitor.
By Thierry
sblantipodi wrote:Eizo FS series is good but is cPVA and is not good for all rounding due beause cPVA are too slow for all rounding.
Do you mean cPVA (Eizo FS) is slower than the panel (S-PVA?) which equipped the FX2431?
Are you comparing an Eizo to an Asus? :)
Yes, because the Asus PA238Q also seems to offer outstanding feature for a quarter of the price of the Eizo FX2431 (e.g., better sRGB accuracy and an Displayport port).
Do you own it?

Thank you for sharing you opinion!
By sblantipodi
Thierry wrote:Do you mean cPVA (Eizo FS) is slower than the panel (S-PVA?) which equipped the FX2431?
Yes cPVA causes really really more blurry images than S-PVA.
Yes, because the Asus PA238Q also seems to offer outstanding feature for a quarter of the price of the Eizo FX2431 (e.g., better sRGB accuracy and an Displayport port).
Don't trust easy reviews :)
Do you own it?

Thank you for sharing you opinion![/quote]

I had both EizoS2433W and FX2431, both monitors are far better than simple IPS monitor for contrast, deeper black and really sharper images due to lighter AG coating.
By Thierry
sblantipodi wrote:Yes cPVA causes really really more blurry images than S-PVA.
Thanks for the information.
Don't trust easy reviews :)
I don't think reviewers at Prad are easy. ;)
I had both EizoS2433W and FX2431, both monitors are far better than simple IPS monitor for contrast, deeper black and really sharper images due to lighter AG coating.
And what about the so-called "black crush"? Does it make black hues less distinguishable when viewing films or playing games?
Is the FX2431 suitable for gaming?
I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I wouldn't compromise too much that aspect either.

Thanks again!