A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Game500
Will there be a sound test on the OLEDE7P when being compared to the OLEDE6P of last year?
By Bornesen
Hi, when comparing the E6 with E7 one should not forget that the E6 does 3D viewing whereas the E7 does not. For the 'few (no one knows how many)' 3D afficionados that may be important
By Rasmus Larsen
Game500 wrote:Will there be a sound test on the OLEDE7P when being compared to the OLEDE6P of last year?
We are not planning on publishing more than what was included in the review. The main difference really is the added support for Dolby Atmos. If you would like we can add a bit more on the matter. I also had a chance to hear it at CES 2017 earlier this year where Dolby demonstrated it.
By Rasmus Larsen
Bornesen wrote:Hi, when comparing the E6 with E7 one should not forget that the E6 does 3D viewing whereas the E7 does not. For the 'few (no one knows how many)' 3D afficionados that may be important
Good point. And potential buyers need to be quick because E6 is being phased out now and already hard to come by in many regions.
By onefortheother
Rasmus Larsen wrote:It didn't. It is not supposed to tilt.

How much? Does the base feel loose?
Maybe "tilt" isn't he right word. I didn't install the base as per instruction because I was afraid of laying the screen flat down. Instead I laid the TV on it's back, placed the base in, then stood the thing up, and screwed it in. Perhaps doing it like that didn't level it correctly or my place is just oddly slanted.

It isn't a major slant (I guess i the better word) , but as I look mid way from a side view, I can see that the top of the screen isn't parallel. There's a very minimal lean.

I'm just nit picking at this point :D

-- as for your review. you say there isn't any black crush. i haven't calibrated my set so far, but I definitely do get black crush in many content. for example: edge of tomorrow, guardians of the galaxy, divinci's code. was that comment based off of original LG settings (standard/cinema), or was it after you did your calibration?
By LucasBeatz
We have nice discount in Czech, but Im little bit worried - during the daytime, will not the oled look significantly darker and washed out in HDR against my Sony XE93 when displaying content like Planet Earth and games like Horizon which takes a lot of brightness of whole screen? I dont like to use stuff like dynamic contrast to brighten picture up. Also does the upscaling is significantly worse again Sony`s extreme 1 chip TVS? thank you.
By Rasmus Larsen
onefortheother wrote:-- as for your review. you say there isn't any black crush. i haven't calibrated my set so far, but I definitely do get black crush in many content. for example: edge of tomorrow, guardians of the galaxy, divinci's code. was that comment based off of original LG settings (standard/cinema), or was it after you did your calibration?
From what source? Is it set up correctly? Black crush is often a result of video version PC levels (it is sometimes called RGB High vs. Low).
LucasBeatz wrote:We have nice discount in Czech, but Im little bit worried - during the daytime, will not the oled look significantly darker and washed out in HDR against my Sony XE93 when displaying content like Planet Earth and games like Horizon which takes a lot of brightness of whole screen? I dont like to use stuff like dynamic contrast to brighten picture up. Also does the upscaling is significantly worse again Sony`s extreme 1 chip TVS? thank you.
I don't think OLEDs look washed out in daylight, mainly since it consists of only one layer so light cannot bounce around inside the panel. The coating is also very effective and I would say that by now 2017 OLED panels are bright enough even for very bright living environments. It's true that the ABL still kicks in but even watching things like winter sports is no problem in our living room and we have very large windows on three sides.
By Alex G
Hello,

O would like to know If enabling the option "Just Scan" would cancel the "pixel Shift" mechanism.

Thakyou in advance!