TV calibration, calibration tips, settings etc.
My monitor will be here tomorrow, I haven't a clue how to calibrate it.

Can someone assist? It's going to be my 2nd monitor with my pavilion dv7.

I tried calibrating another monitor that was an HP, and it didn't work, I tried following instructions given by x-rite, but it didn't work. I couldn't drag over or 'transfer' the software over to the monitor, it only would change the calibration on my main monitor on the laptop even though I was measuring the external monitor...

Do I have to have dual graphics cards to support two profiles? I was told no, I didn't.

P.S. - if anyone is interested, I got it on Amazon this weekend.

I got the monitor for a STEAL at 750$, brand NEW, 3 year warranty, factory sealed etc... The lowest i've seen it was 899$...

So, I bit the bullet, now, I need some guidance please.

Thanks everyone!

Kim
Phew, this is a tough one. You don't need two graphic cards but you need a graphic card as well as an operating system that supports different color profiles for two monitors connected to the same graphic card. This is possible but not all setups can do it. I have no experience with the Pavilion DV7 :-(

Basically what you need to do is to access your graphic setting on your PC and see if you are able to assign different color profiles to the two different screens.