TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By etype2
Hi,

Just discovered your site. Great exclusive photos!

The Sony mono block design looks great, but I want to go with the 68 inch Sharp with quad pixel technology. I have a first generation 65 inch Sharp Aquos purchased in 2005. I am very happy with it but want something new.

I was most surprised to read that Sony will get this panel and hopefully in 68 inch size?

If that is true and made in 68 inch size by Sony, I will go with Sony.

That was an exclusive, did not read that anywhere in US press releases. :)
By Rasmus Larsen
Thanks. :) I hope you'll help us spread the word about FlatpanelsHD. We're relatively new with this English site but our Danish site has been running for about 5 years now.

It's not decided if Sony wants to release TVs with the 68-inch panel but Sony and Philips will have access to the new Sharp LCD panels from the Sakai plant because of their involvement. Sony and Philips will probably have to wait until Sharp has released their TV sets, though.

I guess Sony and Philips will sit on the fence to see if Sharp are successful in marketing and selling the Quad Pixel panel before they announce actual products.
By etype2
Your welcome. Your reviews seem to be fair and balanced. I will try to spread the word.

It will be interesting to see how this quad pixel technology works out. My gut feeling is that it will introduce a new level of color reproduction just short of OLED.

I love the new Mono Block styling of the 2010 Sony sets, but the new Sharp 68 panel is no slouch in design either. 1.6 inches in a 68 inch panel and dark glass all the way out to its borders.

Sony's new understated design elegance reminds me much of B&O, who has been the leader for decades. I go back to their old slide rule design audio receiver. Just could never a B&O. :)
By executive
I am so excited for the 68" (MASSIVE) Sharp "Quattron" (apparently what they're calling it now) quad pixel tv...I'm wondering if we can expect to see a review of this unit soon? It supposed to be released in Canada this month....hopefully FlatPanelsHD can get their hands on it earlier to test it?!

Thanks!
By executive
UPDATE:

Sharp AQUOS LE920 68" size.

I just did some more research and called and spoke directly with Sharp Canada's AQUOS Product Manager Kevin Andrews, who mentioned that the 68" LE920 will not be available in Canada until "late 2010 and very possibly into early 2011" - ouch.

He mentioned that Sharp is the only company capable of cutting glass in this massive 68" size.

The important news for Canadians is the the LE920 series ***ONLY UPTO THE 60INCH SIZE**** will be shipping out to stores such as Future Shop in "mid-to late July 2010, making them likely available in store by very end of July 2010 or early to mid-August 2010."

Might have to wait until end of year 2010 or early 2011 for the 68" LE920 although he confirmed that amazing new factory in Sakai, Japan will still be cutting the 68" epic size.

Clearly I just want the LE920 in 68". PLEASE HURRY SHARP!!!