TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
I am so excited for the 68" (MASSIVE) Sharp "Quattron" (apparently what they're calling it now) quad pixel tv...I'm wondering if we can expect to see a review of this unit soon on FlatPanelsHD.com Rasmus? It supposed to be released in Canada during this month of may....hopefully FlatPanelsHD can get their hands on it earlier to test it?!

Does anyone know where this unit is going to be carried in Canada/Ontario? I'm thinking Best Buy as they carry a lot of other Sharp products. There is a ton of advertising on tv, NHL games and everywhere else about this, but I can't get pricing or release date info anywhere?

68 is so much bigger than you think it is.

you have to see it, to see it?
:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hSnAxvRdmY

Thanks!
Hi Rasmus,

Yes I meant the Sharp AQUOS LE920 68" size.

I just did some more research and called and spoke directly with Sharp Canada's AQUOS Product Manager Kevin Andrews, who mentioned that the 68" LE920 will not be available in Canada until "late 2010 and very possibly into early 2011" - ouch.

He mentioned that Sharp is the only company capable of cutting glass in this massive 68" size.

The important news for Canadians is the the LE920 series ***ONLY UPTO THE 60INCH SIZE**** will be shipping out to stores such as Future Shop in "mid-to late July 2010, making them likely available in store by very end of July 2010 or early to mid-August 2010."

Might have to wait until end of year 2010 or early 2011 for the 68" LE920 although he confirmed that amazing new factory in Sakai, Japan will still be cutting the 68" epic size.

Clearly I just want the LE920 in 68". PLEASE HURRY SHARP!!!