TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
Hello everybody, just discovered "flatpanelshd" site and i must say that you are doing pretty good job here 8-)

I think i`ll buy new tv in a couple of months, and these two caught my attention. I would use it mostly for cable tv, dvd/bluray, ps3.

So any suggestions between Sony and Sharp? I dont care much about new technology and look, just want a reliable tv with solid performance (contrast, blacks, no clouding etc...) :)

Reflection of the screen is not an issue since i ll watch tv mostly during the night.

Sharp seems to be the one but again seeing from your review, it looks like there is a lot of tweeking before picture becomes fine (natural). On the other hand Sony is better performer ("out of the box") but again, i didnt see any of them in action :/

Any help appriciated... thanks in andvance ;)
LE705 is a good set but in my opinion the response time is a problem for fast gaming from PS3/Xbox360. It's not a critical problem but I personally feel that it's a bit too slow.

The Sony is a bit faster but not the fastest one available either. Sony has some issues with the dark grey tones that because of some inconsistent overdrive (I guess).

Did you consider the Panasonic G20 model? Is 46 inches the maximum size? :)

Also, did you check out our recommendation list here? It might have some suggestions, too: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?s ... 1229341472

Get back to us :)