TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
Hi all,

I have a question about your recommendation on the SONY EX500 as a TV for use as a gaming monitor. You have recommended this TV as a good choice.

But in other reviews this TV is actually rated as a VERY BAD choice as a gaming monitor because it's input lag is actually one of the worse around.
Input lag compared with CRT is bewteen 60 to 90MS in gamemode!! Normal LCD input lag is around 30ms, while LCD pc monitor is more between 15/25ms.

Acceptabel..is 30ish ms.

So can i ask where u have based your recommendation on?

I am asking this question because right now I am looking for a large monitor that i can use as a PC mointor, Console gaming and if possible as a HDTV.

I am using a 2x22inch monitor....but recently i got a PS3 and was looking to upgrade to FULL HD monitor.
While shopping around the difference between a HDTV and a monitor is pretty close in price.

In the end I was looking at the Hannsg 28" monitor or the 2770HD samsung. Both around 300/350€.
For around 500€ I could get a 32EX500 and so i put in my order. Still waiting for it to be delivered.
Of course after i bought the TV..i checked the internet and read that the EX500 is one of the better buys for an LCD, but to my dismay i read that it has one MAJOR weakness. INPUT LAG.

Thats something i dont read about on most reviews. People are talking about the refreshrate of 5ms or 2ms. Or 100hz, contrast etc etc.
But NO ONE talks about the INPUT LAG. Even the people selling the TVs or manufacturers dont make use of this, while its extremely important if u are planning to use this tv as a PC monitor or a gaming monitor.

Anyway I was reading your recommendations and i saw u recommended the EX500. So my question is...whats the basis for this?

I was planning to buy either the 2770HD or get the 32pfl8404 who has pretty good input lag.
Do you know how the LG LD750 series is with regard to input lag?

Anyway looking for your reply and your help.