TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By netojose
Dear Rasmus,

When a TV is playing 3D content from a 3D blu-ray is it HD? Is there a difference between brands (LG, Samsung, Panasonic) from this perspective? I mean, is it possible when playing 3D content the TV shifts to a lower definition in order to make up for the 3D effect or does it still have the same definition?

Thanks a lot for the reviews they are truly great.

I would suggest, if I may, that you make one or two photos of the TV being reviewed with the lights on and the TV on. The same way you did with the Samsung C8000 review, it is the second photo under the PVR recording section. That photo is great because it shows all the TV on under lights so we can know how it looks like during day time.

Jose Netto
By Kratz
When playing a 3D Blu Ray movie on a 3D compatible Blu Ray player the content is still HD (1080p). Actually the information is doubled compared to ordinary Blu Ray discs, as you need one picture for each eye to create the 3D effect.

The players are interchangeable, but the glasses and the TV most be from the same manufacturer to assure compatibility.
By Kratz
You are welcome :)