TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
Hello,

I'm looking for a new TV. Must have good picture quality and be future proof etc.. but also the WAF (wife acceptance factor) is important. For this reason I want to reduce the number of boxes connected to the TV, and it has to be easy to use.

I am looking for a TV that can do both DVB-S and DVB-T. Reading the specifications of many flat panel TVs I see that quite a few have tuners for both Sat and Air, but it is not always clear if you can use them both at the same time, or if you have to choose one or the other when switching your TV on. Basically I want to have all channels I watch, both DVB-S and DVB-T in the same channel list. Which models offer this?
Yes that is possible. The DVB-S tuner uses a different satellite antenna-input so you can connect both DVB-T and DVB-S sources to the same TV.

The problem occurs with DVB-T and DVB-C (widely used in some smaller countries) because TVs only have one of these antenna plugs.

You have to knwo that you probably need to switch between the DVB-S and DVB-T program lists on the TV. It's very rare that the TV software can mix these inputs into one program list.
Rasmus Larsen wrote: You have to knwo that you probably need to switch between the DVB-S and DVB-T program lists on the TV. It's very rare that the TV software can mix these inputs into one program list.
This is however exactly what I want...

The only other option I would have is to go all DVB-S, but then I need two CI slots.
K_V_B wrote:
Rasmus Larsen wrote: You have to knwo that you probably need to switch between the DVB-S and DVB-T program lists on the TV. It's very rare that the TV software can mix these inputs into one program list.
This is however exactly what I want...

The only other option I would have is to go all DVB-S, but then I need two CI slots.
I haven't seen this on any TVs so far. :(

And I have never seen more than on CI slot either.