TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
Hello all-

Been thinking long and hard about this (as some of the Best Buys are offering deals on each). Not after a particular size or price range- I just want the best TV for console gaming. I've boiled it down to these "2" TVs. The LG LE 8500 and the Panasonic 25s. Basically I'll be playing alot of Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Geometry Wars, etc. The last Plasma I owned was a few years ago- and IR from the HUD on games was an immersion killer (not to mention in GTA 4 at sunset the particular orange looked terrible on it). I've heard IR is not an issue after a proper break in period.

I also see that the LG is 1ms- which on paper is 1ms faster than my PC monitor. (I have an LG W2753V PC monitor currently- and I use it for PC gaming and Xbox 360 at the moment).

What do the experts think? I see so many good things for each of these, I'm having a terribly tough time choosing. I've tested each in the store- but the lighting is not the best. The response time of each was good, but I'm hoping someone has some insight that might sway my opinion.

Thanks!

(also- edited to reflect that if someone has a better idea with more hands on experience with 2 or 3 of these, I am open to suggestions!)