TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By aeidau
Okay my mum is looking for a new TV and she dosn't want to spend alot about $1000AUD

I know it needs to be a good brand.

Full HD preferred (some ppl say you wont notice the diff if u go 720 is this true?)

Approx 32" preffered bigger is acceptable. but no smaller

It will be used for mainly TV, dvds and maybe a little xbox.

Good colour reproduction and deep blacks preferred.

Built in tuner.

And Plasma Vs LCD? (I'm leaning towards LCD because of burn in)

Any suggestions? just a few good model names would be a great help and I'll get back to you on the prices.

Cheers Kieran
By sinistro
Rasmus Larsen wrote:Try our recommendation list here: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?s ... 1229341472

I'm currently updating it.

Hi, I think that maybe it might an idea to add gaming on consoles in the tv lists recommendations as I know there are a lot of gamers ( ps3, xbox ) who play online and the inputlag is something we like to know.

Like me atm I am looking for a big screen, 50''+ lcd for watching movies (upscalled dvd's and BD's ) and gaming mostly, hardly use it for watching normal tv.

The new tv's that are coming out now with 3D is nice thought I am not only going for that. As said before the imputlag is very important to me for the gaming usage of the set that I plan to buy.

I am looking but still not found what I am looking for ;)
By Rasmus Larsen
Thank for the suggestion. We'll do that. I'll also give the list a major update soon :)