TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By ruzveh
I had seen LG coming out with LE8500 and LX9500 last year. Where are the same refreshed models this year? Has LG forgotten to refresh them? I can not see single LG Full LED TV with local dimming from them. Neither Sharp has it with them. I thought this year this technology would become and reach to many people as they become cheaper. But i m surprised to know the opposite.

I dont know where the technologies have gone and upgrade in features are?

1. Toshiba had good technology know as 14bit video processor. (Why LG Samsung Sharp has not updated it?)

2. LG has superior panel but not overall winner (Super AMOLED screen are its way? Like Samsung Galaxy SII. LG has IPS panel so it produces brilliant colour like no other but it consumes more power as well.)

3. HDMI 1.4 ARC (Has manufacturer forgotten that HDMI v1.4 has mainly benifited TV industry and still no one has come up with 1.4?) HDMI 1.4 has feature know as ARC mainly used in TV where the audio coming out of TV will be passed by HDMI cable and hence no other audio source needed. This way i can hook all my anolog source to my home theatre. ARC stands for Audio Return Channel

4. Quad Pixel - I havent seen them but wondering if yellow can come then why not other colors like white, grey, etc. lol i dont know how useful is this but some say they produce deeper yellow and hence you can see more of yellow than other colors.

5. More LEd at the back incase of FULL LED with micro dimming. I could only see this in Samsung. Whats wrong with LG, Sharp and other brands?

6. Importance of 42" TV sets and smaller - My request for all the LED companies is to produce their top of the line TV sets in 42" as we dont have space to own bigger screen but still want to have best of the TV at our place.

Lastly i want to see best of the best 2D performance in high tech TV sets. Dont emphasis more on 3D. We are buying 3D TV sets only because your best of 2D performance is coming out from those TV sets which have 3D also. Like how LG LX9500 is. Everyone liked the 2D performance of that TV sets but who wants to sit all the time or even an hr to see 3D. Naah!

You can drop me ur suggestions and comments on cyrusnasty at yahoo
I bought my Tv just for 3D... I wouldn't worry about 3D tech invading your 2D sets because it is said that everything that helps 3D work better makes 3D better. I know for some things this is true.