TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
Hi,
I'm in need of some (urgent) help from the FlatpanelsHD crowd... hopefully someone can help.
[This is absolutely the first tv I buy in my life so apologies to all if I say some nonsense... I'm quite a tv-noob....] 

My company had a deal with Samsung to buy 2011 tv models at discounted prices for us employees, straight from Samsung itself. The tvs were delivered more or less a month ago. I chose a PS51D7005DK (the northern europe variant of PS51D7000).
When the tv-sets arrived I checked from the box that the model was correct. It was. I took the tv home, and I've been using it for about 4 weeks.

The reason I am writing here is because I'm afraid that, despite what the labels on the box and behind the tv-set say, my tv is NOT PS51D7005, but the cheaper model PS51D6905 :(

The first time I started to have doubts is when I used the Android app "Samsung Remote" (it makes you use your smartphone as a remote control). It reported the tv to be PS51D6900. Not knowing that there actually was a model PS51D6900 on the market, I shrugged and dismissed the info as some uncorrect identification of the tv model from the smartphone app.

Last saturday I was in a local mall where Samsung was promoting its new models... I took a brochure just out of curiosity and ALAS! there was a model named PS51D6905. All of a sudden I started having a bad feeling about the whole thing... I came home, opened the TV settings, checked the name of the tv-set and there it was:
PS51D6905. O_o

Now... is this even possible? something went messed up in the factories and the wrong label was slapped to the back of my tv? If this is the case I suspect there are more of these kind of "problematic" sets.

The question I am asking now is: is there a sure way to incontrovertibly identify the model of my tv-set? Some identification number in the Settings or a feature present in D7000 but absent in D6900? I couldnt find a specific "Model number" entry in the settings menu. Only the "Tv-name" which can be edited and changed.

Today I asked to my company to contact Samsung and they (Samsung) answered asking me to take picture of the label on the back of the tv... but the label itself is not really telling anything as it is only a sticker, it could have been put incorrectly on the device.

If you can help me with this problem I'd be really, really grateful.

Renato

UPDATE: 15.6.2011 Samsung has replied my company's enquiries saying that the "TV Name" in the Settings says nothing about the real model of the tv, and it doesnt prove that the hardware of the tv is different. They added that it is common for different tv models to use same components and so on. The explanation continues saying: "In some models there's just more memory or different chips. Nevertheless the firmware and programs that the devices use can be the same" (translation mine).

So PLEASE can somebody tell me how I check without any shadow of doubt that my tv is one model or the other? I know that D7000 has Natural True Color (18-bits) and Real Black Filter that D6900 doesnt have, but can I check for those in the settings? I'm starting to feel like I've been conned.... :((
I've posted on te danish version of the website (I thought it could be helpful since the model of my tv is the danish one). There is at least another guy who experiencing the same issue as me, and received the same answer from Samsung (http://www.flatpanels.dk/flatforum/view ... hp?t=21813)
Now I'm just wondering, if that's the case all PS51D7005BK owners should have the incorrect name stated in the settings...
If someone has the same model can (s)he kindly verify it and reply here or to the above post?
Chris here from Sweden, i have the PS59D7005DK/XXE. I was worried in the beginning that i got the wrong TV, but its nothing to be worried about. Mine also says D6905 in the "meny", but its only the firmware!

You can see the difference in the panel, its much darker and more like the Panasonic VT20 in therms of the frontglass. So dont go nuts folks, you got the right TV if its says D7005 back of the TV and on the box :D