TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
Hi all

I was hoping to purchase a new tv for the Olympics but haven't been able to decide what to purchase. I even placed an order on two separate occasions but then changed my mind. As I'm partial to Sony's tvs I have the choice of the hx750 or the ex650 (I'm in Australia). I would love to buy the hx850 but that's not possible at the moment. The main criteria is quality of picture.

I was leaning towards the ex650 but was told by different salesmen that the hx750 would be better for dvd viewing and quality of picture. The tv is for my bedroom and I was thinking about a 40" set or should it be 32??
As you can see I need help pleeeease! I look forward to any replies.
Many many thanks for your time & help Rasmus. I think I was all "reviewed out" having read too many articles and reviews. I really enjoyed many of your articles though and the fact there was a forum was a bonus as well. I was considering moving my smaller Lenovo Grundig tv to my bedroom and buying the 46EX650 for the lounge area but after your reply I can see the EX650 wouldn't be the best choice with this size. I suppose the 40HX750 would be fine if I decide to use it as a backup for lounge viewing (am in a townhouse) although whether it's too large for the bedroom will remain to be seen.

Anyway thanks again.