TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By Watermanager
Hi, new TV. Luxury problem. In the Netherlands there is a nice cashback for the Philips 9002 (55 inch). I need to pay €1.450 for it (after cashback). I'm offered a very good deal on the Sony 55xe9005 as well. Even €300 cheaper. It's a living room TV: Netflix, series, movies, pS4 pro gaming. Is the OLED worth the extra €300? Hdr and gaming probably better on the Sony? :?
By Rasmus Larsen
I would say go for the OLED, especially if you are planning to watch HDR content (HDR gaming from your PS4 Pro is amazing on an OLED!).

XE90 is also an excellent TV but it still has fairly limited zone dimming compared to the high-end LCD TVs.
By Watermanager
Rasmus Larsen wrote:I would say go for the OLED, especially if you are planning to watch HDR content (HDR gaming from your PS4 Pro is amazing on an OLED!).

XE90 is also an excellent TV but it still has fairly limited zone dimming compared to the high-end LCD TVs.
You mention valid points, tx, I'll know what to do!
By Rasmus Larsen
Just to add to my point we consider LG's 2017 OLED the best TVs for console gaming. A combination of perfect blacks, pixel-level controls, very low input lag, and great HDR.
By Watermanager
Funny thing, just mentioned that
Went to the store and left with a big discount on a c7. Just €100 above the pos9002 price. I thought that difference was justified. Installing and walking through menus will be my work tomorrow!
By Rasmus Larsen
Congratulations on the new TV. If you want some 4K HDR test clips to show off the capabilities then check out: http://4kmedia.org/

Just download the short video clips and put them on a USB stick :)
By Watermanager
Rasmus Larsen wrote:Congratulations on the new TV. If you want some 4K HDR test clips to show off the capabilities then check out: http://4kmedia.org/

Thanks! thanks for all the support. Images i see now are already amazing!
By Watermanager
Sadly my LG OLED is having issues after 3 years of use. It has a screen failure. When you divide the screen in 3x3 blocks the center block doesnt display reds very well anymore. LG customer service acknowledges the issue, I gave them links to Rtings which stated simular issues as a product failure. Thats why they offered a discount to repair the product for 'just' €800.... The product is total loss for that repair price with a 3 year old TV. Never an LG OLED anymore. I love the image quality but the leniency offered for a 3 year old top of the line screen is way below what i expected. Beware you all.
By Webllena
Rasmus Larsen wrote: 20 Oct 2017, 00:08 Congratulations on the new TV. If you want some 4K HDR test clips to show off the capabilities then check out: http://4kmedia.org/

Great site. Thanks for tips.