PC monitors of all kinds.
By nbpf
I am looking for a high quality, small set up, mainly for watching classical music concerts (next year the DHC is apparently to start streaming in 4K) and, occasionally, Blu-rays and DVDs.

High quality TVs in the 32''-42'' range seem to be very rare and I anyway do not need a TV tuner nor speakers.

Thus, I am considering buying a Blu-ray player and a monitor instead of a TV.

Would the Asus PA329Q be a suitable end device for a Panasonic DMP-UB900 player? Sound would go via optical from the UB900 into a Naim DAC.
I haven't checked but if you are planning to PA329Q you will need to make sure that it has full HDMI 2.0 signal processing with HDCP 2.2. Otherwise 4K output from the UB900 will be downscaled to HD.

Do you already own the UB900?
By nbpf
Rasmus Larsen wrote:I haven't checked but if you are planning to PA329Q you will need to make sure that it has full HDMI 2.0 signal processing with HDCP 2.2. Otherwise 4K output from the UB900 will be downscaled to HD.

Do you already own the UB900?
Thanks for the feedback! I do not have a UB900. I need to replace an old 24'' iMac that I have been using so far for occasional internet streaming and DVD watching. I do not like the new iMacs (glossy screen, no target display mode) and I am considering a UB900 + high quality monitor as an alternative. They would come roughly to the same price of a new iMac 27''. I know a small TV would do the streaming job, but finding a reasonably good 40'' TV with 10 bit panel and a nice looking, reasonably sized foot is not that easy, unfortunately. The new Sony 43XD8305 is what seems to come nearest to my specs. But it comes with a 8 bit panel and Sony's support pages for the device are not inspiring too much confidence.