A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
Hi Rasmus and thanks for this review. I was seriously considering buying this TV, but now I will have to reconsider after reading this review. It's extremely disappointing that Samsung have actually gone backwards in their LCD TV technology. QN95A/90A scored higher by one point. Also, game mode just seems broken. Would you know if the latest version of the firmware would resolve the issue with Samsung cheating on their EOTF curves? I heard they fixed that in the S95B.
fairlygreatcontent wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 10:48 Were you firmware 1204 or 1211? Vincent Teoh indicated that 1211 addressed the cheating issue but don't know if it also fixed the QN95B as he has the S95B.
We were on firmware 1204.

We have had QN95B for weeks prior to the review publication date and at that time there was no new firmware.

Samsung Korea told us: "The update for S95B has been conducted, and the update for QN95B will be provided soon"
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?s ... 1654235588
Gecko wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 17:21 Hi Rasmus and thanks for this review. I was seriously considering buying this TV, but now I will have to reconsider after reading this review. It's extremely disappointing that Samsung have actually gone backwards in their LCD TV technology. QN95A/90A scored higher by one point. Also, game mode just seems broken. Would you know if the latest version of the firmware would resolve the issue with Samsung cheating on their EOTF curves? I heard they fixed that in the S95B.
I don't know yet but hopefully we will get a chance to check later.

However, I'm sure it will not fix the overboosted Game mode or the poor FALD control in Game mode.
Dear flatpanelsHD

Has there been any update to the filmmaker mode (cheating) situation? It has been over four months since you spoke with Samsung, and they said they would fix it. There are many firmware updates, and the problem seems still there.

Could you possibly test the tv with st 2048 -2/-3 and shadow on +1? I heard that it helps with the over brighten EOTF.

Thanks
Hi. I'd like to buy the QN95B 65" to have 144Hz when gaming with my PC. But I got a Nvidia card. Does the freesync of this TV work well with a 4090 GPU?
Or would it be better to use an AMD GPU, since this TV has no G-sync compatible like the LG oleds have.