Questions regarding FlatpanelsHD reviews will be answered here.
By Flatpanels
#16156 Our review of Sony X950G (XG95 in Europe) is online. The 2019 model features a 4K LCD panel with zone dimming, Android TV, X-Wide Angle (only 75 & 85"), a new remote control, and Dolby Vision + Atmos.
Link: https://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php ... 1551684183

If you have questions please use this thread.

Enjoy.
By wentworth
#16157 It seems those sets without Wide Angle feature are a different story and your comments about dark levels are not valid for 55"" and 65" tellies.
Torben my conclusion after reading your review in your own words:
"In our opinion X900F delivers better picture quality for your money."
It is a pity.
By Torben Rasmussen
#16158 Blacks will differ on the 55" and 65" yes and on those models the picture quality will be somewhat on par with the XF90. The final score reflects the model we review, and I can't guarantee how the smaller ones behave, but I would expect it to be very similar to the XF90. I would prefer a bit darker blacks, which is why the picture quality score ends up below the XF90, but for the 55" and 65" the final comment would probably be "...identical picture quality for your money".
By cokes26
#16160 Great review. It is a pity about the black levels, but for my budget I dont believe there will be any other TVs on the market this year that support eARC and Dolby Vision in 75inches apart from the LG 75SM9000. I will be interested to see how that TV compares. If only 77 inch OLED werent so expensive here in AUS
By DoubleX
#16163 Thanks for the detailed review!

Since i have to purchase a new TV, I was wondering whether the new XG was worth more than the "old" XF.
Given the result I have one doubt: if the picture quality of the 55" model should be similar to X900F, is it worth considering the X950G just for the "revamped" Smart features?

Thanks for your work!
By samuel.blunt
Kuschelmonschter wrote:X95G is not Sony's flagship LCD, the Z9G is. More on the Sony 2019 lineup here. I would really enjoy asking some questions to Sony management. Their decisions seem so weird...

ZF9/Z9F is the 4K flagship which will be made defunct this year. so XG95 will be.
Z9G/ZG9 is 8K flagship.
By markiz
Torben Rasmussen wrote:Blacks will differ on the 55" and 65" yes and on those models the picture quality will be somewhat on par with the XF90. The final score reflects the model we review, and I can't guarantee how the smaller ones behave, but I would expect it to be very similar to the XF90. I would prefer a bit darker blacks, which is why the picture quality score ends up below the XF90, but for the 55" and 65" the final comment would probably be "...identical picture quality for your money".

Hi! Please can you show AIDA menu very interested SoC Mediatek? Realtek?
By sillyrabbit
#16175 Please do keep us updated on Sony's response regarding the remote.

I have a X900F and I would love to get the remote from the x950G, as there is a soundbar blocking my IR receiver and an RF remote would make my life so much better.
By Torben Rasmussen
#16190 Just got the response. It won’t be available for purchase unfortunately.