A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By KimWelch
The shield maybe the best as far as overall performance. I've tried it and personally I prefer the 4K fire stick over the shield due to price, ease of use and much better remote to navigate with. I'm not a gamer but if I were I'd probably have an Xbox or PlayStation to fill those needs. NVIDIA restricts the play store and android browsers to prevent 3rd party apps.
From a sub-menu you can also set-up Nvidia's remote to control audio volume on the TV. Ideally, it should have been set-up automatically or be part of the set-up process but nevertheless Shield identified the TV as an LG TV and did the necessary after which we could control audio volume on the TV. The system falls back on infrared, which is also implemented in Nvidia's remote, so for volume control the remote must be pointed towards the TV. The remote has in other words been programmed to use the TV's infrared commands.
I don't get why it is necessary to use infrared in this case. With an Apple TV and its Siri remote, I can control volume of the TV and external audio system via Bluetooth/CEC.
By HD Fan
Nvidia does not have a USB port. This is a basic disadvantage. There is only a microSD card reader. It is difficult to copy our files to the microSD card. It is not possible to play AV files from Dolby Vision. Streaming remains. Unfortunately, it's the same in the Pro version. There we have USB but Dolby Vision files are not played properly. The question arises why Nvidia 2019 is called as the media player? Tegra X1 + is a powerful but old processor. There is now technological ballast. Currently, Chinese producers have already overcome the problems with Dolby Vision !!! Your UGOOS AM6 PLUS test would be very interesting.
By HD Fan
Nvidia does not have a USB port. This is a basic disadvantage. There is only a microSD card reader. It is difficult to copy our files to the microSD card. It is not possible to play AV files from Dolby Vision. Streaming remains. Unfortunately, it's the same in the Pro version. There we have USB but Dolby Vision files are not played properly. The question arises why Nvidia 2019 is called as the media player? Tegra X1 + is a powerful but old processor. There is now technological ballast. Currently, Chinese producers have already overcome the problems with Dolby Vision !!! Your UGOOS AM6 PLUS test would be very interesting.