A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By razorpakk
Nice review ^^

Two questions:

- Are you going to add ps3/gaming performance info in the review?
- How is 1:1 pixel mapping aceived since you can only send 1280x720p and 1080p signal via pc with hdmi (or maybe i'm wrong)?
By Rasmus Larsen
Panasonic X20 has some input lag that affects gaming but nothing serious. It's pretty much on the same level as G20. I had no trouble playing PS3 games such as guitar hero myself.

You should be able to output almost any resolution and the Tv also supports a lot of resolution on the HDMI input. I had no trouble doing that.
But you're right, if you want a HD video output signal from a 1080p or 720p source there's not way you can actually get 1:1 pixel mapping.
By razorpakk
So you're saying that i could send 1024*768 signal via hdmi and see the picture in the right way?

I'm asking this because the pc would guess it is an 4:3 resolution, but the tv would render it as a 16:9 one, thanks to the rectangular pixels
By Rasmus Larsen
Ahh yeah, I see your point now. I was just talking about the actual 1:1 pixel reproduction. But if you need to connect a PC I suggest you go for a Full HD model, anyways.
By Limpis
Is it even possible for a beginner like me to see the difference in black level, compared to the X10(0,06 vs 0,04)?

Sad that they couldn't improve it, or at least keep the same level as on X10.

Or can the higher brightness on the X20 compensate for the higher black level?

And also, I read in the X20 review that the SD handling is much better on the X10. But in the X10 review(danish) I read that one of the pros of the X10 is just SD-handling?

Thanks.
By Rasmus Larsen
Limpis wrote:Is it even possible for a beginner like me to see the difference in black level, compared to the X10(0,06 vs 0,04)?

Sad that they couldn't improve it, or at least keep the same level as on X10.

Or can the higher brightness on the X20 compensate for the higher black level?

And also, I read in the X20 review that the SD handling is much better on the X10. But in the X10 review(danish) I read that one of the pros of the X10 is just SD-handling?

Thanks.
It is visible but most people will probably only notice the difference in a side-by-side setup. neither 0,04 nor 0,06 is close to perfect black, though, and you will experience that black levels are a bit brighter than real black.

I mentioned SD on X10 back in the days but I was mostly comparing to the many LCD-TVs out there. Compared to most LCD-TVs X10 had a very nice SD picture.
By razorpakk
Shadow detailing is fair. The 2 darkest shades of grey are reproduced as black in the True Cinema mode.
Taken from the review.

Yep, 95 and 100 are the same, is there anything i can do about it? I notice that too many details get lost in dark scenes :\

EDIT: Solved via Nvidia control panel ;)
By Rasmus Larsen
razorpakk wrote:
Shadow detailing is fair. The 2 darkest shades of grey are reproduced as black in the True Cinema mode.
Taken from the review.

Yep, 95 and 100 are the same, is there anything i can do about it? I notice that too many details get lost in dark scenes :\

EDIT: Solved via Nvidia control panel ;)
I guess you're outputting through HDMI? :) Keep in mind that the grey shade levels are different for video and PC signals. X20 should have a setting somewhere that allows you to use the HDMI input in a PC mode. Probably in the settings menu (I can't remember exactly)?

Some TVs has a automatic switch. Other don't. On TVs that don't you should probably stick with the D-SUB (VGA).
By awwe123
Hello.

How does it cope with 24p material ... is it judder free? Is it 4:4 pulldown, 96 hz, or what is it?

I am having today an lcd that runs Blu-ray in 60hz and it's unwatchable