A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Rasmus Larsen
I did not experience any image retention / burn-in. I even had the TV on for 5-6 hours with a black background and a small pause logo in the bottom left corner. I forgot to turn off the TV but did not see any retention whatsoever.
By verrando
Congratulations for your review. I bought a 42G10E 2 days ago and definitely agree with you.

However, please note that it seems calibration is widely different from one model to another: in my case color temperature was 6580 at Cinema/Warm without any calibration and only needed -2 on red to bring it to an exact 6500. Blue and green were at the same level at stock settings, no green boost for me.
By flo
Thanks a lot for this review. Could you tell us more about the 24p handling ? I know that on the previous panasonic models, some could handle it well some couldn't. In other words does the 42G10 has to process a 3:2 pulldown ?
By Rasmus Larsen
Hi guys and welcome to the forums.

verrando: Yes I noticed this as well. It seems different. It might be because I have a Scandinavian model.

Did you set gamma at 2.0 or 2.2 after calibration?

flo: The 24p was very smooth. It seems that G10 refresh at 48Hz so I experienced no stuttering of the signal (no pulldown).

48Hz did flicker on the 2008 models, I know, but I didn't notice any problems on G10. The US G10 models seem to do some pulldown, though.
By vermu
Hi,

Nice review. I am curious about the power consumption levels. Average was measured at about 180 W, which is very nice comparing to pz85. Is the brightness still high enough for day time viewing or was that calibration for night time viewing? Did you notice any brightness shifting or colour flickering? My pz85 has the previous problem and seems like it's a bug in pz85 series.
By Rasmus Larsen
hi vermu: Welcome to the forums.

Calibration was mainly for night time viewing but it's fair for most day time viewing as well. The Neo PDP technology definitely has some advantages when it comes to brightness and power consumption. After my calibration, brightness was just below 100 cd/m2 and at the same time average consumption was 180 W.

I could increase brightness for better day time viewing but this also means that you increase power consumption.

Colour decoding is not 100 % perfect. The very dark colours flicker like on the PZ85 but brighter colours are nice. I didn't notice any brightness shifting and I recommend that you deactivate the eco-mode.
By donza
First of all, thanks for your excellent review. I am really tempted to get the G10 once my retailer receives the 50 inch model.

I have read mixed observations of the 24p playback. Some owners of the EU-version of G10 say there is a clear judder for example when watching blu-ray movies with PS3, but on the other hand you did not seem to notice any problems. Can you check what is the software version of your review unit and was it the EU-model TX-P42G10(E)?
By xander32
@Rasmus: thx for the review, and, excuses for mine poor english.

Question: can i also use your settings(those after the calibration) for the tx-46G10 ? Does the size of the plasma make any difference?

Will those settings also work at daytime in a bright room?

Sander.
By Rasmus Larsen
donza wrote:First of all, thanks for your excellent review. I am really tempted to get the G10 once my retailer receives the 50 inch model.

I have read mixed observations of the 24p playback. Some owners of the EU-version of G10 say there is a clear judder for example when watching blu-ray movies with PS3, but on the other hand you did not seem to notice any problems. Can you check what is the software version of your review unit and was it the EU-model TX-P42G10(E)?
Yeah, there seems to be mixed reports. No problems here, however. No flickering or juddering.

I can't, sorry. I have returned the TV. But it was the EU model called TX-P42G10E.
By Rasmus Larsen
xander32 wrote:@Rasmus: thx for the review, and, excuses for mine poor english.

Question: can i also use your settings(those after the calibration) for the tx-46G10 ? Does the size of the plasma make any difference?

Will those settings also work at daytime in a bright room?

Sander.
Yeah, you should be able to use the same settings for your 46-inch model. Maybe the RGB (red, green, blue) settings have to changed somehow, though.

For bright rooms I suggest that you increase the brightness of the panel a little. But besides that the same settings should apply :)
By Stoykata
Dear Rasmus,

Thanks for this review and keep up with the good work!

Two questions regarding your calibration settings:
After calibration
Profile: Cinema
Contrast 36
Lys: 0
Colour: 30

What does "Lys" mean here? (Sorry, my PX80 doesn't have such setting)
And what about the Brightness? Not included in your table means it is without changes?

Best regards
By carlocatt
Thank you Rasmus for the review.
Do you think that the same comments may apply to the P50G10B? Any idea on the TV settings?

Thanks,