A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By puscifer
Thanks for this!
Just a suggestion (if you still have the set):

In the energy consumption data, a 3D usage field would be informative, rather than the regular SD/HD, which have no actual difference between them. BTW, why does it consume less (0w) in standby, after calibration?

An all-around very good review.
By 24/7
Good review.

I have one question. Is it possible that the 3d crosstalk is gone after a good firmware update from Samsung?
By timc5
I have been looking at purchasing a Samsung C8000 when they are available in New Zealand. I was primarily looking at this model of the range, mainly because of the Local Lit Dimming (back light as well as Edge LED) as this should increase the dynamic contrast ratio.

You didn't mention anything about this feature in your review, is it indeed supported with the LED C8000, and if so is it worth purchasing this model for that feature alone?
By bons@i
hello MR.Rasmus Larsen

thank you for the great review again 8-)

All the pic. in the reviews there is an option that we can enlarge pic. to see more close.
as you say in the review there is a cross talk.And you indicate them with arrows.But i cant see it close..so i would like to ask question.

would you pls, provide cross talk issue pic with enlarge option___???

:)
By Rasmus Larsen
puscifer wrote:Thanks for this!
Just a suggestion (if you still have the set):

In the energy consumption data, a 3D usage field would be informative, rather than the regular SD/HD, which have no actual difference between them. BTW, why does it consume less (0w) in standby, after calibration?

An all-around very good review.
Yes, that's a good idea. I have measured the energy consumption with the standard 3D picture (backlight can be increased even further in 3D mode) here:

Average: 154 W
By Rasmus Larsen
24/7 wrote:Good review.

I have one question. Is it possible that the 3d crosstalk is gone after a good firmware update from Samsung?
It could reduce it or change the form but a firmware update is not enough. I have seen a lot of the 3D LCD models now and all of them have crosstalk issues.
By Rasmus Larsen
timc5 wrote:I have been looking at purchasing a Samsung C8000 when they are available in New Zealand. I was primarily looking at this model of the range, mainly because of the Local Lit Dimming (back light as well as Edge LED) as this should increase the dynamic contrast ratio.

You didn't mention anything about this feature in your review, is it indeed supported with the LED C8000, and if so is it worth purchasing this model for that feature alone?
I didn't mention this because it's not actually worth mentioning :) Remember that C8000 has Edge LED and this means that you can only allow a certain number of local zones that are very large. This also means that the so-called "local dimming" / "Precision dimming" on C8000 is basically just a dynamic contrast feature.

In my opinion it's not beneficial and you could choose the cheaper C7000 model that is basically the same in terms of picture quaility.
By Rasmus Larsen
bons@i wrote:All the pic. in the reviews there is an option that we can enlarge pic. to see more close.
as you say in the review there is a cross talk.And you indicate them with arrows.But i cant see it close..so i would like to ask question.

Yes, you can click on the pictures and they will be enlarged. :)

The crosstalk picture is not actually a picture of the C8000 but just an illustration to show what crosstalk looks like. It's not possible to take an actual picture of it because it can only be seen with both eyes through the 3D shutter glasses.
By bons@i
Rasmus Larsen wrote:
bons@i wrote:All the pic. in the reviews there is an option that we can enlarge pic. to see more close.

Yes, you can click on the pictures and they will be enlarged. :)

The crosstalk picture is not actually a picture of the C8000 but just an illustration to show what crosstalk looks like. It's not possible to take an actual picture of it because it can only be seen with both eyes through the 3D shutter glasses.
Thnx for reply :)
By EvaMendes
Why is it that the C800 can do vertical letterboxing perfectly, in 4:3 playback the screen does not bleed from the edges but in horizontal letterboxing, typical movie playback it does!! This is the only thing that is pissing me off regarding Edge Lit Samsungs.

I bought a C7000 and exchanged it due to light issues, i the bought a C8000 paid €200 more due to the precision lighting only to come to the conclusion that it does not achive anything, and even though it has better lighting than the C7000 it is subpar to what i consider be the only perfect lit edge lit LED the philips 8605h.

I really like the Samsung software and features, and on the showroom i preferred the Samsung picture quality to Phillips, but i am considering exchanging it for the philips... what would you do?

What is the best 40in to 42in 3D led out there, i.e. that does not have lighting issues?

Why does Samsung insist on edge lit... it is clearly flawed