A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By thierrysan
hello rasmus

i bought this tv and that's a amazing tv but i have a problem. When i want to play with my PS3(not online) its impossible because its lag too much.

i would like to know which options did you disable to obtain 45ms.

i ve tried on game mode with local dimming off, truemotion off, rename hdmi to pc and i obtain 100 ms whit yours tools.

Thanks
By hellhr
Dear Rasmus,
I just got LW980S. I can not achieve perfect blacks, even with local dimming on highest setting. When I watch, for example, 4:3 with black bars I can clearly see light leackage and grey blacks on bars When I turn LED local dimming off, its even more visible - in that case, contrast is awful and blacks are grey. Needles to say, I am utterly disappointed... Can you help please?
I live in Croatia...
By esaho
Hi,

I think reason for european customer can't see so good image quality with LG lw980 is because it has less local dimming zones than "same" model sold in Asian market. I also think that LG sent an Asian model to Flatpanels-HD for testing which has more local dimming zones than model sold in Europe. That's why European customers can't get similar image adjustment or calibaration result as done by Flatpanel-HD and European models does not give you satisfied image quality because there is different hardware.

I would like to see official answer from LG that LW9800 sold in Asia has better hardware (more local dimming zones) than LW980x models sold in Europe.

Maybe LG will fix this issue in models announced at CES 2012 in January. When these new models are available in Europe is a different, hopefully before summer because of Olympic games.