A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Baseman
Hi, Rasmus,

I have a question about your review for the Sony HX729. I have the 46".
In your paragraph, "The Cinema preset is better but still not perfect. Gamma rises from 2.17 to 2.48, which means that dark colors are too dark, crushing details in some dark areas of images. The brightness level is still too high but, as said before, we have deactivated the automatic brightness sensor, and it is just a matter of adjusting the backlight setting in the menu. The color temperature is slightly too low, making pictures appear a tad too warm and reddish."
Did you mean 'deactivated the automatic brightness sensor' as in the 'ECO Mode' or is this what my model refers to as the 'Ambient Sensor'?
Thank You for taking the time to review!!!!! I love the calibrations!!!!

Best Wishes, eVa :)
By Rasmus Larsen
Yes, it should be the Ambient Sensor. :) Unfortunately, manufacturers all have different names for these things o we often refer to it as the "Eco sensor".
By Baseman
Thank You Rasmus for your reply!!! I would like to share some information with you just in case it might make a difference.
My I-Manual says the "Light Sensor" feature is located in the "ECO" Menu and it listed as such:
"Light Sensor" (Is Available Depending On Model) which my 729 model does not have at all.

My 729 model only has the "Ambient Sensor" which is located in the "Picture&Display" Menu.

I read on the web that the 720 has both options. I didn't know if you were aware of these differences and if they would make a difference on the calibrations. :?

What do you think?
THX, eVa :)