A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Dopi.lp
Code: Select all
al first sorry for my english. Then, i want to know your opinion about loewe individual 55 image quality, mediacenter, ...

I'm thinking to buy loewe individual 55 3D or Samsung d8000 60.

Pelase help me.

Thank a lot.

Bye
We have no concrete plans to take this TV in for review, sorry.

But I have seen it numerous times and can tell you my impressions. The TV is based on a Samsung LCD panel much similar to those in Samsung's "LED-TVs". Loewe has obviously added a range of picture enhancement technologies but the performance is quite similar.

What you need to decide is if you are willing to pay extra for design, multimedia functionality and Loewe's link system because picture-wise the difference is not huge in my opinion.

Have you considered a Bang & Olufsen TV? In my opinion you get better picture quality and speakers on top of the design and the B&O link system.
By Dopi.lp
thanks for the reply. the truth that b & o is too expensive for large tv. design is not a key factor but in my city is the only large tv with HbbTV so we are thinking to buy a loewe tv because HbbTV Samsung coming in 6 months

The doubt that i had about loewe was about it image quality because i seen the loewe conect review and the image quality is not very good. May be we are a little required because in this moment the only tv with all prestations are loewe in my city for the next hall year, when Samsung hbbtv is coming it will be very similar about loewe included the price. (new Samsung: 4000€ / loewe individual compose 3D: 5000€ in canary islands - b&o 55 tv from 10000€)

ONCE MORE... SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

THANKS!!
By Dopi.lp
moreover, if the loewe LCD is based on the Samsung and Lorwe has 400 hz (without CMR) and 5000:1 static contrast of 2000:1 by Samsung, you should have better image quality on loewe? (From the fast image, going through all kinds of images and 3D as it would have 200 Hz "for each eye")

And conectivity is better on loewe with the streaming system.

Where i see a little difference for Samsung, is in the smart tv because i think it has more applications and flash. However, it is an aspect that loewe may improve in the future and will be updated automatically on my TV (i talk about applications)

The exactly price for de next Samsung with hbbtv is around 3.900€ and loewe's actually price is 4.400 including
It's true that Loewe has HbbTV but to my knowledge many TVs have HbbTV implemented - it's just not activated because very few countries use it (if any?).

Don't rely on Hz, contrast ratio numbers and so on. They tell you nothing about picture quality. It's true that Loewe writes 5000:1 on the spec sheet but try to take a look at our contrast measurements in our reviews and compare them to manufacturers' specs and you will see that it doesn't add up :)

I can understand that you want the Loewe if the price gap is so small. My point is just that the Loewe is actually not that much better when it comes to picture quality. Samsung has really improved their LED the recent years and offers a quite good value-for-money concept today.
By Dopi.lp
Thanks a lot for the answers!!!

Finally i think that we buy the loewe tv, because (despite hbbtv are in test in my country at the moment) the next tv i'm buying will be within 6 or 7 years (minimum) therefore i think that the best decition is buy the more complete tv and this is loewe. It's true that the next Samsung tv may be cheaper (around 5000 to 1000€) than loewe but this will be in 6 months (in my country) and it will has the same characteristcs that actual loewe but never better.

I hope i don't make a mistake and i hope don't regret this decision.

Thanks a lot again for your help and congratulations for the web. I encourage you to keep doing reviews because they serve very helpful in moments of choice and also provides much information about the technology and the quality of television in particular

O hope that you understood easily my poor english.

Regards.

Alberto Dopico

Gran Canaria - Canary Islands - Spain