A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Dugom
It takes 5 minutes... And it's priceless to any 3D gamer/viewer, even if you don't want to change the procedure, please take the shot then post it here or just send me the picture in private, I swear I'll use it wisely.

How long do you keep the screens?
By esaho
Did you test browsing at internet? How TV shows pages with java, flash etc on web pages. Is there a bookmarking feature etc. How easy it is to type/select web address. Take photos how TV show web pages and add those into you review.
By wfmxx2000
Will you also test the 670T (6700) model any time soon?

So far the only advertised difference would seem to be 400MCI (120Hz TruMotion) for 670T compared to 800MCI (240Hz TruMotion) for 760T and a meaningless difference in dynamic contrast. According to US forums the 6700 model does not allow users to set TruMotion, so it might be off in terms of the soap opera effect and maybe only refers to scanning backlights (I'm hoping this, since I'd never consider using TruMotion interpolated frames).

So hoping you could review (or someone else) or just say if the picture for 670T is identical to 760T when you turn off all the fancy stuff (e.g. TruMotion and Dynamic Contrast). Or could there still be a difference in the frequency of scanning backlights which might be perceived as better on 760T?

Thanks,
Fredrik
esaho wrote:Did you test browsing at internet? How TV shows pages with java, flash etc on web pages. Is there a bookmarking feature etc. How easy it is to type/select web address. Take photos how TV show web pages and add those into you review.
Bad experience. That pretty much sums it up. No java, no proper flash, bad typing implementation and bad web standard support (fonts change etc). Forget it. Use a PC connected to the TV instead.
wfmxx2000 wrote:Will you also test the 670T (6700) model any time soon?

So far the only advertised difference would seem to be 400MCI (120Hz TruMotion) for 670T compared to 800MCI (240Hz TruMotion) for 760T and a meaningless difference in dynamic contrast. According to US forums the 6700 model does not allow users to set TruMotion, so it might be off in terms of the soap opera effect and maybe only refers to scanning backlights (I'm hoping this, since I'd never consider using TruMotion interpolated frames).

So hoping you could review (or someone else) or just say if the picture for 670T is identical to 760T when you turn off all the fancy stuff (e.g. TruMotion and Dynamic Contrast). Or could there still be a difference in the frequency of scanning backlights which might be perceived as better on 760T?

Thanks,
Fredrik
No plans right now. But as you say, they look very identical and LG also seems to agree. Most of the 2012 TVs are close in terms of picture quality and really; a 800MCI versus 400MCI is not really better anyways. It's all just marketing twaddle.
By Butero
Hello Rasmus,

Thanks for your review. I'm looking for a LG TV right know, but am not totally sure which one to buy.
I can buy a 42LM760s or a 47LW980s for about the same price. I assume these two types are pretty much the same as the LW9800 and LM7600 that you reviewed.

Picture quality and mediaplayer (DLNA) functionality is most important to me. Much more than the smart TV part.

Which one would you recommend? The older LW9800 full led, or the newest LM7600 led edge?

Hope you can help me out!
By AV-Geek
Rasmus Larsen wrote: The "Hz" number on LG's MCI also covers scanning backlights, yes. But the scanning backlight system is active even without frame interpolation.
Has your 760T really a scanning backlight?

LG has changed the backlight leds positions in this year models. (dimming zones are now vertical and not horizontal)

Other magazins said they now have only a blinking backlight.
By Ravi
Hi Rasmus,

Greetings. I am Ravi from India. Your reviews are excellent, thank you for maintaining such a wonderful website.

I am planning to buy a 47 / 55 inches passive 3D TV and we have LG and Panasonic models available in India.

I would predominantly watch SD/ 1080i TV channels and Blu Ray/ DVD movies (3D would only be an add on feature in my case). Internet browsing is desirable but, we do not have access to Netflix of Vudu in India.

LG has launched their LM8600, LM7600, LM6700, LM6200 series TV's in India and the price difference between each of the models is around 300-500 USD.

Please advice which LG model I should go for.

Please also advice if Panasonic ET5 series TV's are better than LG 7600/ LG 6700/ LG 6200 series and if should buy a Panasonic TV instead of LG.

Regards
Ravi
Butero wrote:Hello Rasmus,

Thanks for your review. I'm looking for a LG TV right know, but am not totally sure which one to buy.
I can buy a 42LM760s or a 47LW980s for about the same price. I assume these two types are pretty much the same as the LW9800 and LM7600 that you reviewed.

Picture quality and mediaplayer (DLNA) functionality is most important to me. Much more than the smart TV part.

Which one would you recommend? The older LW9800 full led, or the newest LM7600 led edge?

Hope you can help me out!

Hello Rasmus,

Can you tell me from your review/test what the motion resolution of the LG was? I know most 1080p plasma displays can display 900-1200 lines of moving resolution. In most cases manufacturer measure static resolution at 1080p and moving is considerably less some times as low as 300 lines.
By Kube
Does anyone know what are the differences between the US and EU model? More to the point, if I buy the US model and then move to EU, will I be able to keep the same set?

LG website does state that the US model takes power supplies of 120V to 240V (50/60Hz) but not sure if that's enough.

Thanks!
By Cburnett
Hello Rasmus -

Thank you for the very extensive and helpful review. I have calibrated my new 47LM7600 to your specifications but I would like confirmation on your note under the calibration settings. You comment that "Also, the RGB high and low settings were switched around on our LM7600 sample. Check to see if they are on your TV as well." To what are you referring? The numbers for the high points should actually be replaced with those of the low points and visa versa?

Furthermore, would these settings be the same for the 47"?

I look forward to your response.

Kindest regards,

Charles
By Cburnett
Hello Rasmus -

Thank you for the very extensive and helpful review. I have calibrated my new 47LM7600 to your specifications but I would like confirmation on your note under the calibration settings. You comment that "Also, the RGB high and low settings were switched around on our LM7600 sample. Check to see if they are on your TV as well." To what are you referring? The numbers for the high points should actually be replaced with those of the low points and visa versa?

Furthermore, would these settings be the same for the 47"?

I look forward to your response.

Kindest regards,

Charles