A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Kyng
I recently bought a CG243 because everybody agree it's the best monitor in its class (and the more expensive too...) It was a dream that became reality. But my concern is about the results I obtain in brightness uniformity after having made a complete calibration and advanced analysis with my Spyder 4 Elite and Sypderelite 4.5.4 software: there is 8% of difference between the top left corner and the bottom right corner. On the overall score, I obtain:
5/5 for Gamut,
5/5 for tonality accuracy,
4.5/5 for white point,
4.5/5 for contrast,
4/5 for brightness uniformity,
4.5/5 for color uniformity,
4.5/5 for color precision, with a global score of 4.5/5.

I cannot make any comparison with other IPS panel, since it's the first and only one I own, but I'm upset about these results. What do you think about that?

Thank you"
By Rasmus Larsen
Obivously not optimal since the CG243 should provide very uniform backlighting and even has a backlight compensation technology.

But I also think it comes down to your actual experience. Can you see anything during daily use? On a completely black (or other colored background). It is close to impossible to reach 100 % perfect backlight uniformity with any display technology that combines a backlight plane and a color filter (such as LCD).
By Kyng
Effectively, I received this answer from Datacolor:

"Thank you very much for your message and your confidence in Datacolor products.

This is absolutely ok. Be aware that a difference of 8% is a very good result, given that on normal monitors you get a much more bigger difference. (F.E.: On a Cinema Display we have here, the difference is up to 30% in some cases!)

The thing is, basically, our eyes can't see that.

Also, be aware that the absolute perfection is not possible at all. Maybe it will be once, but only for expensive monitors for sure.

Feel free and don't hesitate to contact us again, in case you got further questions."