A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Steviesnes
I recently purchased this television and I'm having difficulty with the game mode. I'm using a PlayStation three and need to set to the game mode to reduce imput lag, but I am seeing a lot of white bleed in the top left hand corner of the television :(

The game mode seems to have less settings than the other modes in order to compensate for this, I was wondering if you had any configurations settings on game loads that I could try. Or should I take the television back to the retailer and ask for replacement?

I have corrected this problem on the cinema mode but as I say game mode doesn't seem to give me these configurations.

Any help would be appreciated thanks
By Rasmus Larsen
Backlight bleeding is often more visible with high brightness levels. Game modes are often designed this way; with very high brightness level.

Try to reduce the backlight setting option to see if it helps.

However, if the bleeding is too visible during casual use I would definitely advice you to contact the retailer. In my eyes heavy bleeding is still a production fault.
By Steviesnes
Yeah have tried that, helps a bit but on a game like Mass effect 3 this make the whole experience a bit dull.

Why are there so few option avaibale on this setting compared to the other modes, is there a way to recreate a game setting with the expert 1 configuartion and have the other options like LED local dimming enabled?
By Rasmus Larsen
Steviesnes wrote:Why are there so few option avaibale on this setting compared to the other modes, is there a way to recreate a game setting with the expert 1 configuartion and have the other options like LED local dimming enabled?
No unfortunately not. The reason is that manufacturers turn off pretty much every picture circuit in the Game mode to avoid input lag. Most picture systems analyze the picture in some way or another and each step introduces additional input lag. That is why the Game mode is so "raw". Manufacturers could obviously just hardware calibrate their panels according to the color standards from the start, which would make the Game mode great, but they don't :-(
By Steviesnes
Okay so one more question and I'm now seeing banding on sky hd coverage of euro 2012, I.e vertical bands that appears when he camera pans quickly left to right, is this fault or something I can correct with settings?
By Rasmus Larsen
Steviesnes wrote:Okay so one more question and I'm now seeing banding on sky hd coverage of euro 2012, I.e vertical bands that appears when he camera pans quickly left to right, is this fault or something I can correct with settings?
In the game mode or with every setting?

It may be due to compression in the TV signal. Unfortunately it is hard to say without seeing it. Which TV channel? If you only see it on this particular Euro 2012 feed, it is probably your TV provider that is to blame and not the TV.
By Steviesnes
hi in all setting unfortunatlys, and on both BBC HD adn ITV HD covergae via my Sky HD box.