A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Rasmus Larsen
unknownuser wrote:Awesome, thank you!

Just the popular ones.
SDR - Cinema, Game, technicolor
HDR10: Cinema, technicolor, Game
Here you go. A few notes:
- Auto Light sensor is off so brightness readings for SDR come out a little high
- I don't have for all the HDR modes but see the Game mode below. The second one I believe is HDR Cinema but I'm not 100% sure (my own notes are a little unclear to me, and I don't have access to the test PC with Calman at the moment).

SDR Game

SDR Standard

SDR Technicolor

HDR Game

HDR Cinema
By Rasmus Larsen
Leonard0510 wrote:Thanks Leonard. Do you have a link? I 'm curious to learn more about those reported issues.

Unfortunately we have yet to experience Dolby Vision on a Sony OLED but such problems would surely weigh into our evaluation.
Hello Rasmus I leave the link of the comparison of Vincent Teoh with the last update Dolby Vision (DV) for TVs with processor X1 Extreme. Take into consideration from the minute 07:55 where evidence of the rise of blacks on Sony TV updated to DV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzrwvJs ... e=youtu.be
From DV players through HDMI up to date compatible with Sony DV TVs only Apple TV iOS 11.3. Pending firmware up to now by Oppo 203/205.
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?s ... 1522414915
regards[/quote]

Thank you! We will look into this.
By Rasmus Larsen
GregFish wrote:Nice review - appreciate all the work you put into these. If you had to only pick one between the C8 or the A1E, which would you go for? Thanks!
Very hard to give a definitive answer. Both are excellent, I think. Personally I much prefer the design (including speaker system) of A1E but of course that is just a personal preference. I'm not really excited about webOS or Android but at the least the former runs smoother (the latter gets updates).

My advice would be to pick the one that you find the most appealing. From a picture quality standpoint, the two have far more in common than differences.
By unknownuser
Rasmus Larsen wrote:
unknownuser wrote:Awesome, thank you!

Just the popular ones.
SDR - Cinema, Game, technicolor
HDR10: Cinema, technicolor, Game
Here you go. A few notes:
- Auto Light sensor is off so brightness readings for SDR come out a little high
- I don't have for all the HDR modes but see the Game mode below. The second one I believe is HDR Cinema but I'm not 100% sure (my own notes are a little unclear to me, and I don't have access to the test PC with Calman at the moment).
Thank you so much! SDR is totally fine, such a shame that the HDR is bad.
Do you have more measurements for the AF8 too? If yes I would virtually hug you :D So if you have for the AF8 too then please post them into the AF8 review thread, thank you again
By Torben Rasmussen
I did the measurements on the AF8, and as we use separate machines Rasmus doesn’t have the project files for it. I will have a look at how many profiles I saved readings for when I return from vacation. You might need to drop me a PM to remind me on Monday.
By Torben Rasmussen
Regarding the SDR game profile, I have made some adjustments on a B7 to make it more correct, but the handles available without autocal are limited. In this chart I have adjusted the temperature slider down to something I think is called W42 or W49 (I didn't write it down)
Attachments
B7_Game_mode.jpg
B7_Game_mode.jpg (224.62 KiB) Viewed 74746 times
By unknownuser
Torben Rasmussen wrote:Regarding the SDR game profile, I have made some adjustments on a B7 to make it more correct, but the handles available without autocal are limited. In this chart I have adjusted the temperature slider down to something I think is called W42 or W49 (I didn't write it down)
Nice, thanks! Too bad for the gamut but still good with just 1 adjustment :)
By Chad43
You provided the settings you used for ISF Expert Dark in SDR mode, but I'd like to know what settings you used for the HDR modes as well. Can you share those settings?
By DarrenDavies
Can I ask the reviewers please? Are they aware of the issues with C8 sets bought from the high street with uniformity problems?

I am one who has bought a faulty tv from LG, and know of others who have had multiple returns of the C8 with exactly the same problem.
I think receiving 3 sets with varying degrees of the problem can be no coincidence.

Are LG happy to give reviewers cherry picked units, but give the general public any old rubbish and hope they won't notice?

I've attached a slide for you to see.
I would appreciate your thoughts please.

Thanks.
Attachments
C8 slide
C8 slide
20180927_200747.jpg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 72875 times
By Rasmus Larsen
Wow, that looks bad. As a customer, I surely wouldn't accept that. We aren't aware of any widespread issues. There is a good portion of LG OLED owners on our Danish forum.

The review samples we receive have usually been checked before we receive them, yes.
By Jordan
What OS' do you recommend other than Apple, what TV's are available with Apple? Android TV & VIZIO seem far inferior to LG and Samsung seems to be about par to me.
By Rasmus Larsen
There are no TVs with Apple's tvOS built-in. It's only available in the Apple TV box.

I can't recommend any of the operating systems in Smart TVs. Tizen and webOS are decent but they don't get updated even for 1 year. That's critical so don't pin your hope to those.