For subjects not concerning the above-mentioned categories. No off-topic discussion.
By mr4dub5
Hello,

I was considering getting the dell u2711 monitor and was wondering if anyone could specify the minimum graphics card requirements for this monitor? As well as the minimum power requirements. My dell studio xps laptop contains an ATI Raedon HD 4670; my dell xps 400 contains x300/x550/x1050 video card. I do not require the monitor for gaming but will be running adobe CS 5.5. Any suggestions for video card upgrades? Do I need a new computer? What are a few graphics cards that will undoubtedly do the job?

All help is good help.

Thanks
Unless it is a scaled-down laptop version of the graphic card you should have no problems. Pretty much all new graphic cards support the 2560x1440 pixel resolution. The problem occurs with higher resolutions in 30-inch monitors because it requires dual-link DVI graphic cards and cables.
By maliha3492
The headphone jack usually disables the speakers, yeah. I've never seen a setting that can prevent that from happening, but to be honest I've never really examined it.

But maybe bluetooth headphones can solve the problem? I'm not 100 % sure if this TV has the ability to wirelessly transfer sound to headphones, but some of Samsung's TVs have. It might be worth checking out, maybe if you could borrow some bluetooth headphones from a friend or even a local shop?