A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
This is undoubtedly one of the most impartial reviews I have read to date. Other reviewers have lauded HW-N950 to such an extent that no flaws were accounted for. I own one and I couldn't be more happy about it. It is top notch, probably the closest thing to a dedicated home theater system. However, I do agree with flatpanels that the subwoofer ultimately falls short of delivering the punch, clarity and precision that one would expect from such an expensive system. Also, the fact that it costs an arm and a leg means that most people won't find it affordable.
By shinken
Thanks for your review. #
I have owned and returned the N950.
I really wanted to love this bar but I found the rears too weedy with anything but ATMOS so surprised you suggested putting the N950 rears further away than normal rears unless you were talking about getting the most of the overhead speakers?
The front left and right seemed to miss some effects / be dominated by the centre voice channel and you do not have the ability to adjust those 3 channels individually.
The last thing that was an issue for me was CEC working inconstantly.

I do think the N950 does fill the room with nice sound and the issues I had won't be deal breakers for other users so think there will be many people happy with the N950.

I just wish there was some decent non-virtual atmos soundbar competition out there. I don't thing CES 2019 will bring anything worthwhile.