A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
We measured between 0-8 ms on Alienware AW2310 in our tests, so yes it is a bit faster.

Also, there's a setting called response time (overdrive) in the menu. If you experience problems with input lag for some reason you can deactivate overdrive to reduce input lag even further. Our measuremnts were made with overdrive activated, however.
Thanks for the answer. That's a great input lag value. I didn't know that overdrive had influence over input lag.

The measurements on the Acer GD245 revealed aprox. 16ms of input lag, which makes, in my opinion, the alienware as the best 120hz monitor available.
myself1 wrote:Thanks for the answer. That's a great input lag value. I didn't know that overdrive had influence over input lag.

The measurements on the Acer GD245 revealed aprox. 16ms of input lag, which makes, in my opinion, the alienware as the best 120hz monitor available.
Yeah, the Alienware AW2310 is a pretty good choice but the price tag is also higher than most 120 Hz monitors today.

Overdrive uses the undershoot/overshoot procedure and sometimes this can create some input lag. If the Overdrive system is designed properly input lag is minimized but we have seen some examples of Overdrive adding a lot to input lag.