A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By SOSAGES
Great review :) for the money its on my "list" i think it will be between this and the D8000 LCD - cant wait for that review either.

keep up the good work.
By mz_milan
thanks for this great review :)

i am confusing about the black level(deep of black in dark room) for VT30 compare to GT30

VT30 (pic from your review)

GT30 (pic from your review)

after these pics i think the GT30 has better black accuracy and and the black colour is good and deep , but in VT30 the black colour is going to be a purple and the black not deep as GT30 .

i hope this problem from the camera :)

we want from you if you can to take a pic like this but from off angle not just from the front

thanks again mate

best regards,

mzm :)
By Radegast
Hi
congratulations, very well done! :D

would you recommend me the vt-30 just to watch football mainly in SD and 50hz?

Thank you!

greetings from Palermo 8-)
By Forza
I'm seriously thinking about buying the VT30, and would like to know if the picture quality is really "worth" the image retention and energy consumption when you compare it with similar priced 3D Led/LCD?

The only thing I care about is the best possible picture, without noise around moving objects, inky blacks and the most lifelike colours. In 2D and 3D. I currently have a TX-P42G15, and it's great except for the blacks and image retention, so I would like to know if the TX-P50VT30 has been improved in these area's. The G15 has visible retention after a 2 hour movie (21:9, with subtitles).
SOSAGES wrote:Great review :) for the money its on my "list" i think it will be between this and the D8000 LCD - cant wait for that review either.

keep up the good work.
Same here, the difference is 1000€, but the D8000 has clouding...
By EddyD
Nice review, the VT30 is at the top of my wishlist!! But.....

Is the extra cost worth my while to go for the VT30, the GT30 is not far behind i think? :((

When should i choose what model?
EddyD wrote:Nice review, the VT30 is at the top of my wishlist!! But.....

Is the extra cost worth my while to go for the VT30, the GT30 is not far behind i think? :((

I should pick the VT30, the GT30 has no 3D glasses, and the VT30 is a little bit better, so the GT30 would cost you more..
mz_milan wrote:thanks for this great review :)

i am confusing about the black level(deep of black in dark room) for VT30 compare to GT30

VT30 (pic from your review)

after these pics i think the GT30 has better black accuracy and and the black colour is good and deep , but in VT30 the black colour is going to be a purple and the black not deep as GT30 .

i hope this problem from the camera :)

we want from you if you can to take a pic like this but from off angle not just from the front
Be careful not to judge black level based on photos. Use our measurement instead. For each test I take aprroximately 200-250 photos with different camera settings (such as shutter speed, ISO etc.). We can't use the same settings for all TVs simply because of the different brightness values on TVs. That's why pictures might not 100 % support claims made in our text sections.

I always take pictures from an angle in our LCD/LED reviews but plasma TVs has no problems here. That's why I exclude it from the plasma reviews :)
Radegast wrote:Hi
congratulations, very well done! :D

would you recommend me the vt-30 just to watch football mainly in SD and 50hz?

Thank you!

greetings from Palermo 8-)
I guess you are referring to what people are calling the "50 Hz bug" here :) But yes, I would. SD picture quality is excellent and motion is great as well. The only problem is the colro gradation that is not perfect but and you might want to see VT30 in a store before you decide. Some people are bothered by the not-perfect color gradation, but most users never see it.
Forza wrote:I'm seriously thinking about buying the VT30, and would like to know if the picture quality is really "worth" the image retention and energy consumption when you compare it with similar priced 3D Led/LCD?

The only thing I care about is the best possible picture, without noise around moving objects, inky blacks and the most lifelike colours. In 2D and 3D. I currently have a TX-P42G15, and it's great except for the blacks and image retention, so I would like to know if the TX-P50VT30 has been improved in these area's. The G15 has visible retention after a 2 hour movie (21:9, with subtitles).
VT30 does not give you the inky blacks of a Pioneer KURO TV, you have to know that. Black depth is great but not perfect. Also, image retention is not eliminated. I think that it's lower than on your current TV but you will still see minor subtitle retention after a 2 hour movie.

But personally I think that the picture quality is worth the image retention and higher energy consumption, yes.
ThomasGabriel wrote:
EddyD wrote:Nice review, the VT30 is at the top of my wishlist!! But.....

I should pick the VT30, the GT30 has no 3D glasses, and the VT30 is a little bit better, so the GT30 would cost you more..
I agree with ThomasGabriel here. At least in most countries VT30 comes bundled with 2 pairs of 3D glasses. It also has a much nicer remote control and has some improvements to picture quality as well.
By wentworth
Congratulations, Rasmus. Nice job !!!!

I like specially when you notify the 'problems' in this set, buzz, color, retentions, 50Hzs ....

Many Plasma fans think Plasma is the true religion and accept any problem with a smile and resignation !!!

Regards, Wentwoth :)
By miguel_76
Hi Rasmus.
I have a new 50VT30 since 2 weeks.
I have noticed problems with the brightness in dark scenes. It changes suddenly.
In some forums in Spain and USA this problem it is being investigated, it is common in 50VT30 models.
Please, can you say something about it? You know about this problem?
Many people are thinking to return his televisions because brightness fluctuation problem (me too). Other persons are changing his choice of purchase into another brand.

Thanks.

Miguel
By memino
Hi, I was wondering if the quoted input lag figures (19-24) was in THX mode, if not what is the input lag in thx. Also what is the input lag in 3d THX mode?

Also I was wondering what 3d glasses are included, i.e. the model number and size.

Thanks in advance.