TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By pupumene
Mr. Larson, you've made an article regarding LG's new firmware update for their LW series. What is the firmware version for this update (3D algorithm)? If not yet released, when will it be? Does this only apply for the LW6500 model?

If possible, could you also please state your sources for this information? Thank you.
By Rasmus Larsen
The firmware should be available now. I do not recall the exact name - sorry.

Only the very first Cinema 3DTVs sold came with the old firmware to my understanding - and these can easily be updated from home.
By mickawell1
Rasmus I think there is a big problem and I don't think you tested the "1080p" firmware...

LG has not released it yet! we can find a firmware on the web (called 4.60.13 for LW4500 series) but it is not the "1080p" firmware everybody speaks about...

Please make verification because all around the world everybody is wondering where did you find it and keeps obtain answer form LG that it will be available "late this year"
:o :o :o :o :?
By Rasmus Larsen
Hehe, yes we did test it with the updated firmware. :) We do not blindly go collect a TV without checking this beforehand. The test sample was issued by LG with the new firmware. I can guarantee that.

It might not be available in your country yet but it is available in some countries. Why do you search for it on the web? Try to connect your TV with an ethernet cable (or Wi-Fi) instead, to update the firmware directly from LG's servers. Did that help? :)
By mickawell1
The firmware is available nowhere, it is not out yet! everybody is waiting for it in many countries regarding the forums... if it was available, we would find it immediately on the web, in forums. pepole are "aware" :D

In fact I can understand that for your review, LG send a TV to you, and the new firmware was installed inside?

Unfortunately you didn't make a test of the input lag after the update... because it is also a big problem o LG cinema 3D series
By Rasmus Larsen
mickawell1 wrote:In fact I can understand that for your review, LG send a TV to you, and the new firmware was installed inside?

Unfortunately you didn't make a test of the input lag after the update... because it is also a big problem o LG cinema 3D series
Yes exactly.

No sorry, I didn't do a new input lag test. But as you know, all LCD models have input lag - especially if the frame interpolation (Hz systems) are activated. Don't expect that fact to change drastically.