TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By wirk
Is there any information as to when the 65" HX92x models will show up in EUrope? Sony 65" was demonstrated at IFA Berlin.
By Rasmus Larsen
I haven't heard any updates. I have heard that the 55 inch model will be available widely across Europe very soon but I am not sure that the 65 inch will ever hit Europe at this point.
By wirk
Rasmus Larsen wrote:I haven't heard any updated. I have heard that the 55 inch model will be available widely across Europe very soon but I am not sure that the 65 inch will ever hit Europe at this point.
You sound very pessimistic but the 65" was officially launched at IFA for EUrope and it is listed in Sony web sites across EUwith price of about 5300€. Fact is that in some countries nobody at Sony is able to say when it may come though in some others they say November. It sounds crazy Sony would be launching at IFA its flagship with big fanfare and then would not deliver or cancel. Certainly with huge restructuring under way nothing is is sure for Sony but even in this situation they were claiming to be concentrating on the high-end of TV business.
By Rasmus Larsen
But it wouldn't be the first time. Last year's HX900 barely hit the market before the HX920 was announced. The TV manufacturers often exhibit models at fairs that are never released.

But I think you are right. The 65" HX920 is now listed at some EU Sony sites. Let's see what happens :)