TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
Hi All,
I bought this TV in 1st week of September & has huge problem of Back light Bleeding. After complaining to Lg I could replace the faulty Tv but to my utter surprise the replacement is equally bad. Is there any one who can let me know the reason of such a huge problem in this panels? I would also like to know the effect of this fault on life of TV. If this is a manufacturing problem how come these panels are allowed to sell in Market? Is there any one who has received the TV with no back light Bleeding? This problem can be seen very clearly if you switch off the Cable or Digital Broadcast reception keeping the TV on.
It is a manufacturing problem. When LCD panels are produced you catagorize them into either A, B, C or a different grading system. The best panels are sold and used in the most expensive products. The cheaper panels are used in cheaper TVs (and sell cheaper from the factory). Luxury brands such as Bang & Olufsen and Loewe always source Grade A panels for example.

It happens when the manufacturing and assembly is not 100 % accurate. When the light diffuser or another layer behind in the LCD panel is pressed too hard against the LCD panel. You could opt for a backlit LED model but those are much more expensive than the average TV. Plasma is also free of clouding/bleeding.

If the problem is noticeable during typical use I personally consider it a fault and the manufacturer should, too.
Rasmus Larsen wrote:It is a manufacturing problem. When LCD panels are produced you catagorize them into either A, B, C or a different grading system. The best panels are sold and used in the most expensive products. The cheaper panels are used in cheaper TVs (and sell cheaper from the factory). Luxury brands such as Bang & Olufsen and Loewe always source Grade A panels for example.

It happens when the manufacturing and assembly is not 100 % accurate. When the light diffuser or another layer behind in the LCD panel is pressed too hard against the LCD panel. You could opt for a backlit LED model but those are much more expensive than the average TV. Plasma is also free of clouding/bleeding.

If the problem is noticeable during typical use I personally consider it a fault and the manufacturer should, too.
Thank you for the reply. It is amazing that all the panels sold in India by Lg for this model is having the problem which is even acknowledged by the Company Executives. However, on insistence of Lg Korea they have to sell such faulty TV. It seems that the Indian Market is considered as Junk yard.
This is not an isolated problem in India. It also happens outside. But yes, I believe that the average selling price is lower in India than other places and panels in TVs therefore come from the lower tiers of classifications.
Rasmus Larsen wrote:This is not an isolated problem in India. It also happens outside. But yes, I believe that the average selling price is lower in India than other places and panels in TVs therefore come from the lower tiers of classifications.
I think here you are unaware that average selling price in India is as high as US$3000, which is exorbitant. That is also the reason I am highlighting the problem. We are paying 1.5 times the average International price & still we get sub standard panels.
Rasmus Larsen wrote:Ok, I was not aware of that. Is the price premium due to government taxes/VAT or simply demand/supply optimization from the companies?
The high price is due to unknown reasons but one factor which plays a big role in any market is corrupt government & its nexus with Corporates. It is difficult to explain how on earth a Panel can be sold at as low price of US$1350 as compared to the price of US$3000 in Indian Market. In US market this panel is sold at an average price of US$1500. Now this again is a case to review. US is about 15000 Km from Korea & India is about 5000 kms. The additional taxation in India should be balanced by the shipment cost to US. Still this panel is sold in India at double the price in US. This country is looted by all & sundry & the major reason is irresponsible & corrupt attitude of the Population.
I hope this is an isolated problem. I am planning on buying one this week. I don’t want mine to turn out the same. I searched more on ‘Back light Bleeding’ and I am not feeling good about this. What should I do?
black7floyd wrote:I hope this is an isolated problem. I am planning on buying one this week. I don’t want mine to turn out the same. I searched more on ‘Back light Bleeding’ and I am not feeling good about this. What should I do?
Hi
It is difficult for me to recommend Lg 3D LED TV. 55LM7600 has a huge backlight bleeding problem. Infact, in India majority of Sellers are not keeping this TV now.
People get attracted to this TV just because it has a very good 3D. But for me it is the life of TV & fun in watching the TV are more important. At the moment avoid this TV.