TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
I have a 42 Inch Panasonic Plasma HD TV and picture is excellent in all aspects. I want to buy a new 50 Inch HD LED TV which as good as the Plasma, which HD only LED from the current crop? OLED is too expensive.
HD LCDs are being phased out and it is hard to find a HD LCD nowadays with top specs. I think you would be better off looking for a used high-end HD LCD that is a few years old.

The best LCDs today are typically mid-range TVs and not comparable to hood plasma TVs in my opinion.
hood = good :)

Well, I just mean that coming from a Panasonic plasma TV you will probably find a 2016 mid-range HD LCD a downgrade in picture quality.

I think you should consider a mid-range 4K LCD like Panasonic CX700, Sony X85C or Samsung JS8000. All 2015 models that are about to be replaced with 2016 models, so low prices.
Hi Rasmus.

I'm also on this theme... looking for a replacement for a now defunct Panasonic ZT60.

I'm considering the LG 1080p OLED 55EG910V ( 1300€ )
or
LG 4K OLED 55" B6V ( 2600€ )
or
Samsung SUHD KS9500 65" 4K ( 3300€ )

Which one would you go for given the price difference ?!
I'm not buying a 4K BD Player in the near future and i own a library of more than 200 Blurays and also digital media.
Do you consider a bad choice to get a 1080p set at this stage?
@ XRaVer If you REALLY don't think you will require 4K compatibility, obviously go for the LG 1080p OLED.

@Ambi I can also vouch for Panasonic CX7 and mid range Sony (although Sony still have software issues with Android TV), or CX8 Panasonic which has greater control over local (edge) dimming and motion than the CX7 and uses the same panel as CX7.
Ambi wrote:So a 4K LCD like Panasonic CX700, Sony X85C or Samsung JS8000 will be OK to replace my Plasma for 2D total picture quality or go for 4K top end LED TV?
It always depends on your budget but yes I would say that these are fair replacements.

Or go with the 1080p OLED like loopthrough suggested.
XRaVer wrote:Hi Rasmus.

I'm also on this theme... looking for a replacement for a now defunct Panasonic ZT60.

I'm considering the LG 1080p OLED 55EG910V ( 1300€ )
or
LG 4K OLED 55" B6V ( 2600€ )
or
Samsung SUHD KS9500 65" 4K ( 3300€ )

Which one would you go for given the price difference ?!
I'm not buying a 4K BD Player in the near future and i own a library of more than 200 Blurays and also digital media.
Do you consider a bad choice to get a 1080p set at this stage?
ZT60 is a damn fine TV so I don't think the 1080p OLED would feel like a major upgrade. But if you are not planning on watching any 4K or HDR content in the near future going all-in on a 4K HDR TVs seems like overkill.

At one point I personally considered buying a 1080p OLED, keep it a few years, and then upgrade to 4K OLED. I've now decided to skip the 1080p OLED.

Getting a larger 65" is surely an upgrade worth considering but the 2016 line-up is only just arriving so prices are very high. Give it a few more months and the same 65" TVs should be considerably cheaper.
Hi Rasmus,

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject.
The 1080p OLED is not an "upgrade" ... my ZT60 had some panel issues and is without repair.. complicated story with Panasonic.
I'm now using my old Samsung 55C9000 as a replacement.
I just need to buy a new TV.

The 2016 LG OLED TV's seem to have the same "issues" as the 2015 ones, at least to some extent.
I work on a store that sells these products, so as you can imagine, i have access to special prices and i can tell you that the 65" models will have price cuts for sure as all years they do, but they won't be on the price line of a KS9500 ( Europe version ) or nowhere near that!
I'm not willing to sell a kidney to buy a 65" OLED :D , and i'm looking for a set right now.
I've read your answer on the post about the KS9500 pre-calibrated , if that comes to be true, i would pick it up without hesitating.. and they will be available in about 2 weeks in my country.
So ... let's forget about the 1080p OLED ... and wait to see what Samsung has reserved us this year .
Thanks once again and keep up your excellent work and reviews.
Is it true today that LCD will never beat for 2D picture quality a good plasma and OLED because of the black levels are far more superior.
I have a another issue I watch a lot of SD Indian Sky channels so a good 4K
panel will produce a poor picture? What options do I have?